Dyno Day at Tag Racecraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno Day at Tag Racecraft

Hey there. First off, my name is Shane, and I mostly frequent mx-3.com as I drive a 1996 Mazda MX-3. Currently with the stock K8 in it, but I have a second MX-3 also sitting in my driveway, with the KLZE in it. On some other sites, I used to go by Xtreme4U2NV as I used to drive a 2006 Chevrolet Colorado Xtreme. I was in a lot of shows, won a good handful of trophies. The lease expired and I was denied buying it out, so I went with a car I knew/know. My fiancee, brother, and best friend all had a MX-3 at one point or another, so they were familiar to me.

Anywho, on to what I came here for;

The other day I talked with my good friend, and owner of Tag Racecraft, about having some of my MX-3 friends and others there for a Dyno day.

Dyno days are great for those who want to see what their car is putting out.

Bone stock - perfect for figuring out your starting point
    Mild mods - perfect for seeing what improves as you continue to mod
    Lots of mods/KLZE/Turbo - perfect for you to see where you ended up after all that hard work in mods

Each driver will get three pulls on the dyno. It's roughly 20 minutes per car. I have done this over 300 times. It makes for a fun day, and every loves to see where they stand. Sometimes the best entertainment is two bone stock guys comparing their results, and rubbing it in that one is 0.3 more horse than the other.

After the Dyno Day, we can all head to a restaurant for some good eats or something.

The shop is in Oakville, minutes from the QEW and Trafalgar.

The cost for the day will be $50 for three pulls, compared to that of $80 or $120 at other shops, on their Dynojet dyno. The owner is a good guy, and said he'd do me this favour. You can pay when you get there or you can prepay to get yourself and early spot. When we start this during the day will depend on how many people are interested. Lets say we'll aim for a 11:00am start for now.

When? Well, we'd want to plan this for when people have taken their cars out of storage. So, maybe fore May, or April.

I will also be extending this meet out to some friends of ours.

While you are there, you can also possibly inquire about the services Tag Racecraft supplies.

You can also check out their site here: tagracecraft.com. Make sure to check out their gallery and videos for some of the fun.

I don't have the ability to create a poll, so please just post when you plan to take your car out of storage, to help us decide when the meet should be.

NOTE: Here is a list of other sites I have posted this day on. If you need/want an earlier dyno run, get your name on the list asap. I will be putting peoples names on the list in the order I get them.
    - torontomazda3.ca[/url]
    - mx6.com
    - toprotege.com
    - torontomazda6.com
    - onpoc.ca
    - probetalk.com
    - mx-3quebec.com

(Seeing as I have this posted on a good handful of sites, maybe we can make it a mini meet of sorts to start the year off.)

I have this thread to notify me instantly of any replies, so I can check asap for those who want to be put on the list.

Attendee List Updated

Currently the list is as follows:
    1. MX3-4U2NV (mx-3.com)
    2. mx3autozam (mx-3.com)
    3. JWMX3 (mx-3.com)
    4. Bigb22 (mx-3.com)
    5. kidhype007 (TorontoMazda6.com)
    6. Chris L (TorontoMazda6.com)
    7. Swaybars (Probetalk/ONPOC)
    8. CrazyCaker (TOProtege.com)
    +
    +
    +
    Last edited by MX3-4U2NV; February 18, 2010, 03:58 PM.

what state is this in?
    Black 93 PGT MTX w/ short ram intake, short throw shifter, Magnaflow, Tokiko blues wrapped in K-sport springs, 18" Motegi FF7s

http://s720.photobucket.com/albums/w...%20Probe%20GT/
    Getting her the way I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweakx07 View Post
      what state is this in?
      This is posted in the Canuck part of the forum. It's not in any state. It's in a province. Ontario specifically.

Comment

Hey man, I'm reiterating the post in ONPOC, im sure we can get more people.
        Budget Build PGT
        1996 Ford Probe GT - New MTX Thunder speakers, Injen Cold Air Intake, NGK 8mm Wires, Magnaflow muffler, Front Strut Bar - Totaled!

Comment

Is this meet still on? If so, what is the date?
          '97 PGT - KLZE w DE IM, PRM CAI, 2.5" catback, Magnaflow muffler, Eibach springs, Tokico HP struts, 626 16mm rear swaybar w altima endlinks, front & rear BOMZ strut bars, Brembo blank rotors, Hawk HPS pads

Comment

Yes it is still going to happen. Been working out details on my end for the last week. Will post more asap.

Comment

Working...
            X