Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for real: 1st one with $4G IN HAND (and a tow truck) takes my probe home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for real: 1st one with $4G IN HAND (and a tow truck) takes my probe home.

so disregard what i posted in the other thread....here comes the cliche "my loss your gain", though probably still won't fetch any interest, this is the real deal. my probe AS-IS up for grabs. first person with $4000 CASH IN HAND takes it home providing you bring your own transporting device.

i'll break the car down briefly later, but after some thinking and "talking" with the wife, it's probably best that this car and i parted ways. not an easy decision but i'm done with it. whether this is an irrational and emotional decision at this moment doesnt matter, nor does it matter if i regret it later. point being, i really do think it's best to just move on.

ok now the car, i won't go listing the goods cuz it's too many, so i'll list the bads:

exterior
    needs TLC, clearcoat gone on hood, fenders & roof. both front fenders need replacing (i have replacements back in charlotte that i will throw in w/ the car). hood pins need re-riveted. small chip on the rear spoiler. and a hole just above the driver side door keyhole from someone trying to break into it.

interior
    all the damn AM gauges need to be sorted out. they all work and are there, just not mounted permanently, but i never got around to finishing the bezel/cluster in the center console. rear seats were covered w/ black vinyl to match the mx6 seats, they were done by my then-g/f now-wife, so it's not professional work, kind of loose (theyre just seat covers, not adhered). door panel window edges are starting to come up, not terrible unless u are staring at them. lastly, the relocated AC controls in the glove needs to be mounted down, was in the process of doing that last month.

mechanical
    dead engine - dont know what's wrong, dont really plan to figure it out, but oil got squirted everywhere below the heads. def. need a replacement more so than a repair. AC "works" except i was in the process of getting a custom adaptor fabricated to fit an OE pressure relief valve onto the reman compressor. i will still get that made and put it back on. other than that, thing just needs a recharge.

changed my mind, i will include the goods...here's just a highlight of some major items:
    full custom intercooled turbo system, garrett turbo, tial BOV & WG. well capable of over 400whp. 3" DP & exhaust w/ testpipe
    ZE straight neck IM w/ custom fuel rails w/ 50lb/min injectors
    megasquirt v 2.0 IIRC (ask jordan, he installed & tuned it) w/ coil packs
    FAL hi-flow dual electric fans wired to the AC
    phantom grip LSD
    93 FD wheels 13.7lbs
    mazda6 BBK w/ new carbon pads
    goodridge SS lines
    tokico HPs w/ GC coilovers
    AM gauges: water, oil, wideband O2, boost, fuel press
    greddy turbo timer
    blitz EBC
    MX6 power leather seats
    PRD RSTB & STS

maintenance items:
    new alternator
    new AC compressor, dryer, condenser
    new axles
    new wires & plugs

again, 4g is what im feeling right now. whether u think that's fair or not, dont know, dont care....and who knows, maybe in a while it'd be 2g, or it could be 10g....i have no friggin idea. i just want it gone right now to someone who will at the very least use the parts. you MUST provide your own towing services. i can store it for you until you can. it sits at my work parking lot and dont think anyone cares.

* i reserve the right to change my damn mind at anytime and unlist the car.

do it before i change my mind.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

pics:
    http://www.designbyray.com/OLD1/car/...photo_home.htm

mods (sans built motor):
    http://www.designbyray.com/OLD1/car/...probe_home.htm
    Last edited by Rayman; December 13, 2010, 08:46 PM.
    NCPOC > BAPOC > SCPOC > FlaPOC > MIPOC

I wonder where this car is located at
    it is better to be a smart fella than a fart smella

Comment

Central FL.
      NCPOC > BAPOC > SCPOC > FlaPOC > MIPOC

Comment

down the street from my house.

who wants to give me 4G's so I can push this thing home
        PhotoPOC(tm)
        MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
        93' PGT not stock