Clear All

• Spring Showoff--Pittsburgh, PA--Saturday, April 19

Spring Showoff

New Alexandria, PA
    Monroeville, PA

Saturday, April 19
    9:30AM-6:00PM

Overview
    Its that time of year to check and see if those winter modifications have paid off. Pittsburgh Raceway Park (formally Keystone Raceway) is all new and ready to take a beating. Get a chance to test your drag racing skills at a fraction of the cost. This is one of the test and tune days, so the prices are much cheaper than regular days. After racing we will be looking for some wings and women at the nearby Hooters restaurant. Its only a short drive on Route 22 from Pittsburgh Raceway Park.

Schedule
    We will meet at our favorite location, the Corner Diner at 9:30 AM.
    Gates open at 10 AM and racing begins at noon.
    We will race from noon til 4 PM when the track is closing.
    After racing is over we will head to Hooters in Monroeville for some wings and a little T&A.
    After dinner will will decide either to go home or do something else.

Locations
    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
    New Alexandria, PA 15670

Hooters of Monroeville
    3495 William Penn Highway
    Monroeville, PA 15146

Notes
    This is the Pittsburgh location of the PAPA N FO meet series
    Come meet many of the local PAPA members.
    Receive a PAPA N FO packet containing club information, upcoming meets, major Ford Probe meets, PAPA survey, and PAPA recruitment kit.

I'm in for sure. See you then.
    Satin Silver 2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type S - Oddysey Shortblock (3.5L) - AEM CAI - UR UDP - Comptech Headers - Painted VIS CF Hood - 2k3 Wheels and Lights - 13.79 @ 104 w/ 2.3 60'

Comment

50/50 chance ill have my car

its getting painted next week so hopefully it will be done by then,

if not ill show up with my bike just to meet

Comment

rear mount went today in the pgt. if it isn't fixed in time i'll just bring the civic. Stupid POS keeps breaking. One of these days it'll run out of things to break for a few weeks.
        Satin Silver 2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type S - Oddysey Shortblock (3.5L) - AEM CAI - UR UDP - Comptech Headers - Painted VIS CF Hood - 2k3 Wheels and Lights - 13.79 @ 104 w/ 2.3 60'

Comment

I'll be there.
          1993 Ford Probe GT - KLDE + N2O
          228 whp 241 wtq - 2340 lb race weight
          ATX - 13.44@105.1 MTX - 13.35@106.1

Comment

Originally posted by HowLeTT
            I'll be there.
            running the pgt? i hope cause i wanna see if theres a difference in track times from maple grove to keystone,

Comment

yup
              1993 Ford Probe GT - KLDE + N2O
              228 whp 241 wtq - 2340 lb race weight
              ATX - 13.44@105.1 MTX - 13.35@106.1

Comment

I would love to be there. But I will be working *frownen* I don't have anyone to cover my shifts anymore since the damn bastard (other KP) is quiting! *frownen* Man does this suck! I want to go!
                '03 Mazda 6s GT - Steal Grey, MTX | SOLD: '94 Probe SE - Rio Red, MTX | DIED: '94 Probe - Pacific Green, MTX

PT.com Member 1022 | Vice President of Pittsburgh Area Probe Association - '01-'02 | NPA! Angel - '01-'02 | President/Model/Designer of Female Probe Owners Club - '04 - Present!!!

Comment

i'm not going up there to see u run 18. sec. Steve..sorry!!

Comment

actually i will be impressed if i run 18 seconds

Things are going to be different this time. Going stock everything and i may even clean out my trunk a little.

Comment

I might go, depends on how busy i am. Not sure if i'm going to bring the slicks or not though. I'll probally take the 14's w/ all seasons.
                      Stephen C.
                      92 3.1 Beretta W26GT
                      AIP Slacker

Comment

hey steve you should check to see if the track will even be open

Comment

looks good to me Doug

http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/default.php

Comment

Just a note it looks like they changed the time the test and tune is done. It was 4:00 but now it is 6:00!

Plenty time to race!

Also the weather outlook is pretty good

http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/15670?dayNum=3

Comment

Weather guy said rain, possibly "scattered thundershowers"

Comment

Working...
                              X