New car to me - finally something with boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car to me - finally something with boost

I am finally boosted! Well my wife is technically.

New vehicle - 2006 Grand Prix GT (supercharged)

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...0057_large.jpg
    http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...0056_large.jpg
    http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...0058_large.jpg
    http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...0059_large.jpg

What do you think?

It replaced the old Trailblazer. I no longer have 4x4 or real towing or off-road capabilities anymore.

But I really like this car.
    Last edited by boomermsu; March 2, 2009, 12:03 PM.
    ----------------Hollywood (one of the BOOM BOOM brotheres)-------------------
    Alumni and Former President of MSU Racing Club - www.msuracing.com
    boomermsu's Cardomain website
    ----------------PROBELESS -----------------

Looks like a quality replacement for the Trailblazer. I didn't realize the GT's were supercharged. What kind of powa do those have? Still a 3.8L?
    98 Z3
    2000 F150

Comment

those arent boosted as far as I know.. lets see a motor pic
      1992 Mazda MX-3 GS - KLG4 Turbo

Scott

Comment

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GT - 3800 Series III Supercharged V6 3.8 L supercharged V6 with 260 hp (195 kW) and 280 ft·lbf (380 Nm) of torque
        1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

oooooooo you got snow on the clean carpet. you're in big trouble.

nice replacement
          93 mx6 everything from the probe and more.
          http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps77ec3fc9.jpg
          95pgt-t 14sec @ 111mph crushed
          http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...916_001048.jpg
          95se stock R.I.P. 10/16/08

Comment

Originally posted by pile_of_rd1 View Post
            those arent boosted as far as I know.. lets see a motor pic
            are you kidding me? Why did you come all the way into our MIPOC forum just to say that? Go back to your own state's forum. Especially because you're wrong, it is boosted.

I rode in the car on Saturday, and with 4 passengers, it was still very quick. It's definitely better than that GTP that Abhi brought over to Ken's house that one time.
            1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
            2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
            2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Nice new car, Kevin
              Why the switch from the Trailblazer? Sara just tired of it?
              '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
              '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

Car is definitely boosted.

06-07 model lineup changes had base with standard motor 3.8 200 horse,
                GT with series III supercharged 3.8 with 260 horse like previously stated,
                GTP was cancelled and not offered in 06-07,
                GXP had the 5.3 V8 with 303 horse

Replaced the Trailblazer due to high mileage and things that needed to be fixed. We just had a new starter put on it, AC compressor was making some awful noise and needed to be replaced soon, had a front hub assembly going out for a while, and just the fact that more would be due in not too long. It had over 113,000 miles. Ran like a top but didn't want to invest another $1000 and my time or $2000 to have a shop get it all fixed. That doesn't even take into account the little bit of body work needed from running over a deer and denting the back door and damageing the rear fascia and lift gate. Oh and the spare tire hanger was broken as well.

So Sara has wanted a Grand Prix for 3-4 years now. I found one I really liked and we went and did the deal. It is sure nice to have the heated leather seats. I may have to find some Grand Prix black leather seats to replace some of the other vehicles seats. They are supportive and very comfortable.

All in all we are very happy.

Oh and pile_of_rd1 go do some research before you go stating how ignorant you are when it comes to a vehicle you don't own or know much about.

Comment

Nice car!

No need to be so touchy about the guy making a mistake. I didn't realize the GT was supercharged either, thought it was just a GTP thing. Not like he was a jerk about it or anything.

Though I do wish there were more people like you guys in the cobalt forum I go to. Nothing but idiots spouting off bad information; and no one to correct them and knock them down a peg!
                  Last edited by Koz; March 3, 2009, 04:15 PM.
                  '09 Cobalt SS Pictures!

'95 Probe GT MTX Rio Red. Pictures! Sold 10-17-08

'93 Probe SE - Sold 12-22-04

Comment

Originally posted by Koz View Post
                    Nice car!

No need to be so touchy about the guy making a mistake. I didn't realize the GT was supercharged either, thought it was just a GTP thing. Not like he was a jerk about it or anything.

Though I do wish there were more people like you guys in the cobalt forum I go to. Nothing but idiots spouting off bad information; and no one to correct them and knock them down a peg!
                    My neighbor has a Cobalt SS Turbo God I envy him. I really like the Cobalts.
                    1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

very nice not a big fan of gms but i do kinda like the pontiacs my sister had a 97 thing was a tank
                      95 GT Chameleon Beauty
                      http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps15cc5293.jpg

"Without Risk There Is No Reward"

Comment

I love those cars. I have a friend race me in my old SS cobalt in his. and it was a pretty close race. For being as heavy as that car is lol. They have strong motors. And its a cadillac lol

Comment

Originally posted by Koz View Post
                          Nice car!

I am not touchy about it. One of the reasons I like the car so much is the fact that most people don't know the GT of 06-07 was supercharged which makes it somewhat of a sleeper. I just hate it when people assume they know more than the actual person that owns the car.

I mean come on I live in Michigan. Home of GM, Ford, Chrysler. And I work for a supplier to the automotive industry. Why wouldn't I know the specs on my own vehicle? Ask a question if you are unsure instead of just saying it isn't something that it is. Or do a quick search on google and you can find out quite a bit before making an ass of yourself making a stupid comment.

Oh and Koz I really dig the black 09 Cobalt SS. If I could afford another newer car I would consider one for myself and potentially get rid of the Probe.
                          Last edited by boomermsu; March 4, 2009, 07:00 AM.

Comment

The touchy comment was more in response to Spada's post, although it is kinda funny that we have at least 4 out of state posters in this thread

As for the Cobalt, it's a pretty fun car, but I see myself possibly getting a Probe again someday when I have the space for it. So whatever you do, don't get rid of yours unless you have to
                            '09 Cobalt SS Pictures!

'95 Probe GT MTX Rio Red. Pictures! Sold 10-17-08

'93 Probe SE - Sold 12-22-04

Comment

Working...
                            X