Tranny Help Please!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny Help Please!!!!!

HELP PLEASE!!! my trans is slipping but thats not the problem. the problem is that I wanna change from auto to stick but cant find a trans that is stick and is for sale. PLEASE PLEASE help

Well, you will need a whole lot to complete the swap. Once in a while you will see someone in the For Sale forum selling a swap kit, but you have to keep a close eye on the forum. If you can't find one, you will need to buy parts from a junk yard or from someone who is parting out a car. There are actually a lot of guys who are parting PGT's just search the pic forums for recently crashed PGT's and in the for sale forum.

Here is the parts list and instructions on how to do the swap. One thing I must stress is that you should get at least a Haynes repair manual (auto parts store). If possible get a Ford manual and EVTM. You can get these on eBay for cheap.

http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread...threadid=39846

When you are done with your swap you can sell your old axles and any salvageable ATX stuff.

Get some cheap tranny fluid and change it for now since you won't know when you will get to the tranny swap.
    Marc M.
    Black '95 PGT with mods 177.4 whp/159.6 wtq (probably way less now as the car has been partially de-modded)
    2000 BMW M-Roadster

Comment

Or, I have a 97 4EATGF auto tranny with 79K on it for the V6, I can bring it to Chicago for $225 total
      Bryan
      poleposition2@aol.com
      (93 PGT 243K)(2007 MAZDASPEED 6 47K)(2004 MAZDA 6S 107K)(04 MPV 155K)(04 MPV 156K)(07 M45 66K)(12 NV2500 5.6 6K)
      You feel flattered someone wants to be like you.
      You feel pissed off they are trying to copy you.
      You feel grateful when you realize just how dumb they trully are

Comment

Originally posted by STLAUTO
        Or, I have a 97 4EATGF auto tranny with 79K on it for the V6, I can bring it to Chicago for $225 total
        Bryan
        poleposition2@aol.com
        Do you have any MTX's laying around down there?
        Marc M.
        Black '95 PGT with mods 177.4 whp/159.6 wtq (probably way less now as the car has been partially de-modded)
        2000 BMW M-Roadster

Comment

Hey...http://www.probetalk.com/forums/show...did=1701066563

First come first served. You'd better get your parts. The side says GT so I think you are good to go
          Marc M.
          2000 BMW M-Roadster

Comment

oh man... how good a shape is that trans in i think i want it

Comment

Do you have any MTX's laying around down there?
              Possibly 1, if I can get the trans out of my 93 GT parts car (car was destroyed in a breakin) I will have 1 extra MTX V6 trans, gears and synchros are fine in it, but the mileage on the car was 149K. Car was parted due to SEVERE RUST and cam noises
              (93 PGT 243K)(2007 MAZDASPEED 6 47K)(2004 MAZDA 6S 107K)(04 MPV 155K)(04 MPV 156K)(07 M45 66K)(12 NV2500 5.6 6K)

Comment

Originally posted by STLAUTO
                Possibly 1, if I can get the trans out of my 93 GT parts car (car was destroyed in a breakin) I will have 1 extra MTX V6 trans, gears and synchros are fine in it, but the mileage on the car was 149K. Car was parted due to SEVERE RUST and cam noises
                What are we looking at price-wise? Would I have to pick up? I could if needed
                Marc M.
                2000 BMW M-Roadster

Comment

What are we looking at price-wise? Would I have to pick up? I could if needed
                  Price-$200, only if I can save the other before those a**holes do something else to my 93, if I get the trans out, I have my spare
                  Pickup-I am in Chicago every Saturday night at OHare for work, mainly between 9-11 PM, you can pick it up there

Comment

Working...
                  X