any STL probe owners here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any STL probe owners here.

Hey whats up guys my name is tom. i drive a 1993 Ford Probe GT. bout it off a kid for 1000 dollars. wasnt in the best shape. anybody in the STL area here?

http://i42.tinypic.com/ok5rsx.jpg

problems when i bought it, i fixed up most of it.

busted front left control arm. (fixed)

bad front left wheel bearing.(fixed)

timing belt tensioner was busted to the timing belt was flopping around, so the timing was off. (fixed)

fuel injector in cylinder 6 was busted. (fixed)

The kid also spray painted the car on both sides from fender to quarter panel, he did it when he put some gay blue stripe on. the wheels were also painted. roof, hood and trunk lid are fine. ( gonna repaint it soon)

It has Cold air intake, magnaflow headers, custom magnaflow exhaust, short throw shifter, stage 2 clutch, im gonna put stronger internals in the engine soon, then turbo.
    Last edited by 93probeSTL_tom; January 30, 2012, 01:43 PM.

Welcome. There are a few of us in the STL area...where in STL are you from? I don't recognize the car. I am over in Ballwin, fwiw.
    John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
    '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
    '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
    '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

Welcome, i am in and around STL often, but at school currently. Dont waste your money on internals, just turbo it and tune it. Car and do 300whp all day on stock motor.
      -J-Rod-
      301whp 293wtq 9.5psi 14 degrees back under the knife (high compression & spray)
      93 PGT-T
      96 PGT Reacquired, Revived, and Resold
      08 Mazdaspeed 3 Allwheel drive 5857..Blah blah blah

Comment

i live in the city but i currently live in saint charles going to lindenwood. and jarod whats the max recommended psi for a stock engine.

Comment

Originally posted by 93probeSTL_tom View Post
          i live in the city but i currently live in saint charles going to lindenwood. and jarod whats the max recommended psi for a stock engine.
          PSI is arbitrary. What you need to concern yourself with is CFM that a given turbo charger puts out. 10 psi on t25 is different than 10psi on a gt42. Most typically go with the ebay 50 trim on here and typically people run those anywhere from 8-12psi and it is a 54mm compressor wheel and a 56mm exducer. Keeping it around 300whp will be safe based upon driving habits.
          -J-Rod-
          301whp 293wtq 9.5psi 14 degrees back under the knife (high compression & spray)
          93 PGT-T
          96 PGT Reacquired, Revived, and Resold
          08 Mazdaspeed 3 Allwheel drive 5857..Blah blah blah

Comment

Keep your eyes on PT for meets that we like to have every once in a while..

There are a few Probe people other than myself that meet in the Chesterfield valley at 54th street on Wednesday night. You are welcome to join us if you like.
            '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
            '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

Comment

from about 20 min north of stl. i remember seeing this on craigslist.

i dont have a probe but im down for meets when i get the kl in the miata.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotyla View Post

wow holy cow a KL in a miata i bet that is pretty cool looking and fast
                https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnm...st.followers.9
                If you live around Kansas check kcprobes.com Or MOPOC If you are in MO .

Comment

Originally posted by JKpgt96 View Post
                  Keep your eyes on PT for meets that we like to have every once in a while..

There are a few Probe people other than myself that meet in the Chesterfield valley at 54th street on Wednesday night. You are welcome to join us if you like.
                  thats cool. hit me up sometime my number 314-974-9737 or hit me up on face book. im Thomas Dorfman Rice on there.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotyla View Post

Good deal! Just keep an eye out on here. I usually send out a massive PM about meets as well. So set your account up to get email notification of PMs if you don't mind.

Originally posted by 93probeSTL_tom View Post
                    thats cool. hit me up sometime my number 314-974-9737 or hit me up on face book. im Thomas Dorfman Rice on there.
                    Good deal!

Comment

Working...
                    X