Need Fuel Tank AsAp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Fuel Tank AsAp

Anyone around have one or one on a parts car?
    1995 PGT - Turbo
    1997 PGT
    2016 WRX STI & 2016 Cadillac ATS AWD-Turbo

yup I got one. Why what happened to yours?
    Last edited by JOSEPH PIERCE; August 5, 2005, 12:37 PM.
    94Gt Ze Rio red,afpr,borla, sts,EIBACHS
    ,gray->black int, mx6 leather,
    need rio red sideskirts yesterday
    Ze isnt rice its from JAP its a rice eater
    My car is finally in the garage again

Comment

Originally posted by JOSEPH PIERCE
      yup I got one. Why what happened to yours?
      There are two studs that are mounted on the tank for the heat sheilds. I guess one was torqued to tight and cracked the tank and now it leaks.
      1995 PGT - Turbo
      1997 PGT

Comment

I might have time to get it off this weekend not sure exactly how but im sure i can figure it out. How far from rochester are ya.

Comment

Buffalo.....45mins. Those 2 studs on the tank are so poorly designed!
          1995 PGT - Turbo
          1997 PGT

Comment

does it take a while to drop the tank cause if it does you can come get it yourself and ill help I mean Ill do it if not horably hard . I know its empty so it will be lite

Comment

How in gods name does a soft plastic tank crack? I'm seriously having a hard time figuring out how this could have happened. Like I said, we have plastic tanks, there is a metal heat shield and shroud, but unlike the 1st gens, it's plastic. It's got to be leaking either because something has chafed through, or a fitting is bad or something.

hmmm
              2007 Audi RS4
              Past: '05 Audi S4, '88 626 turbo, '93 red PGT, '94 white PGT, '95 Purple PGT, '95 Red PGT, '00 MGT, '07 Mazdaspeed3
              The mom's car: White on black GTS, 5 speed, tint.

Comment

Oh and I've dropped a few tanks before, it's not too horrible. Two straps the gas tube and a few connections and it's down. The hardest part is reaching up around to the connections as you're dropping it to get them apart so you don't rip things apart.
                2007 Audi RS4
                Past: '05 Audi S4, '88 626 turbo, '93 red PGT, '94 white PGT, '95 Purple PGT, '95 Red PGT, '00 MGT, '07 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Originally posted by FWP!
                  How in gods name does a soft plastic tank crack? I'm seriously having a hard time figuring out how this could have happened. Like I said, we have plastic tanks, there is a metal heat shield and shroud, but unlike the 1st gens, it's plastic. It's got to be leaking either because something has chafed through, or a fitting is bad or something.

hmmm
                  Originally posted by Genesis II
                  There are two studs that are mounted on the tank for the heat sheilds. I guess one was torqued to tight and cracked the tank and now it leaks
                  If you've done these Will then you ought to know! It's simple, the heat sheild nut was tightned to much and has worn into the tank. I thought I didn't tighten it that much but I guess I was wrong. It happened after the walbro install
                  1995 PGT - Turbo
                  1997 PGT

Comment

I guess between the variences between hot & cold... yeah, eventually it could crack. It could make it a little more brittle. Brittle enough to crack.
                    Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

sorry bro no time to get at it this weekend. had a bunch of stuff to do. install eibochs drivers side control arm and make my stereo work since it didnt work after the interior swap. (friend put seat belt bolt through speaker wires cauing short ) But if ya want to come and give a hand its yours $20

Comment

Originally posted by GENESIS II
                        If you've done these Will then you ought to know! It's simple, the heat sheild nut was tightned to much and has worn into the tank. I thought I didn't tighten it that much but I guess I was wrong. It happened after the walbro install
                        Steve there are NO STUDS that are sticking out of the plastic tank. The studs are on the one shroud which stick through holes in the other half of the shroud that the nuts go on and hold the two together, then the straps hold everything up and together.

It's probably coming from the ring seal around the pump on the top of the tank. There's a rubber gasket there and if it's not put on right when you tap the ring back on, it will eventually create a leak. It's either from that or the fill tube (maybe a clamp was on too tight and wore through the rubber.) I dunno. Not gonna know until you pull it down.
                        2007 Audi RS4

Comment

Well I don't know what kinda tanks you've been dropping but on my car there are two heat sheild stud/bolts which slide into these little tabs on the tank. This is how part of the exhaust heat sheilds are secured. I had a look under there and saw where the leak is coming from. The rubber gasket was put back in the way it came out and all clamps are new.
                          1995 PGT - Turbo
                          1997 PGT

Comment

Working...
                          X