This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice.
    93 PGT - Installed: CAI, VIS CF Invader hood, OBX headers, Res. T.P., Borla Catback, Civic STS, Brembo X-drilled/slotted disks w/PBR ceramic, '01 626 rear sway bar, MX3 Flywheel, Enkei TBS11s w/Kumho Ecsta SPT's, F & R strut ties, 96+ Tails.
    MMX Winner: Best in Class Show Room

Comment

• omg that pic is priceless. me and wayne lol'd
      94Gt Ze Rio red,afpr,borla, sts,EIBACHS
      ,gray->black int, mx6 leather,
      need rio red sideskirts yesterday
      Ze isnt rice its from JAP its a rice eater
      My car is finally in the garage again

Comment

• A bit off topic from what we're talking about, but hell this is the lounge...I got the RX done this weekend! Had to put 500 miles of breakin on her, so we drove down to PA, up to Cortland and back, out to Owego and back, and up to Delhi and back. Got home just before the white stuff started coming down Sunday night, with 475 miles on the new motor. Gotta change oil over to 20w-50 tonight...I've been running some lighter stuff (10w-30) for the breakin. It's too bad it snowed last night, or I could've driven it today and opened her up a bit. So far I've been staying under half throttle so the apex seals will seat, since my old rotor housings were garbage (will post pics later). However, it's been pulling more and more vacuum since the rebuild, and now it hangs right around 18 inHg which is fantastic. And the best part....NO BURNING/LEAKING COOLANT! Cold starts, hot starts, doesn't matter. Car starts beautifully every time, and runs COLD. Also, fixed the oil pan gasket leak which was bugging me for a LONG time. Anywho, just wanted to share. I'll post pics of the rebuild later.
        95 PGT MTX - Probezilla - Supercharged 'n Squirted ZE @ 8 psi
        93 FD - LSx 7.0L - 11.6@128.5 (w/ old rotary setup)
        89 DTM PGT - 49K ORIGINAL miles! - MINT! - Sold
        04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno
        Probezilla & The FD 540 RWHP/415 RWTQ @ 24.5 psi (past rotary setup)

Comment

• damm I thought you where doing it OVER the winter not done before snow lol
          Good stuff want to see vids of when you take it out next. So how much boost will you be able to run now?

Comment

• Did I miss something? Did you blow the motor? Or just a build, to prevent future problems?
            <Insert lame vehicle specs here>

Comment

• No, I did not blow the motor...It had a coolant seal that was leaking *marginally* when I bought it (didn't know that at the time, and I don't believe the previous owner knew it either). However, it got worse and worse over time. In fact, I believe it was the trip to the dyno the polished it off. The coolant system is designed to maintain 13 psi, and when a coolant seal fails it's usually right by the exhaust port from all the heat/pressure. So, what happens is the exhaust forces its way past the coolant seal and the coolant system pressurizes. Then, coolant forces its way out the overflow due to increased pressure, and after you turn the car off since the system is over-pressurized coolant leaks into the rotor housings. Next time you go to start the car the plugs are soaked with coolant and it'll either barely start, or not start at all. Mine was getting to the point where it'd start, stall, start, stall, start, stall, then start and stay running.

JP, I plan on running the same boost level, maybe slightly higher (14 psi). However, while the motor was apart I had the new iron side housings street ported, which is generally good for 25 - 30 rwhp. In the spring I'm looking to put down 375+ rwhp. The record for stock twins is 391 rwhp, and the guy's turbos popped 300 miles afterwards. Personally, I believe there was something else that caused the turbos to pop, but who knows. My turbos are in FANTASTIC shape, so I may run 2 different tunes. What is kinda cool though is the only thing standing between me and 500 rwhp is injectors. I've already got the standalone to control them, and an ACT pressure plate capable of holding 500 rwhp and 450 rwtq. I'd really like to stop as soon as I get close to or at 400 rwhp though, because we all know what happens to reliability as you get higher and higher.
              Last edited by TRWeiss1; November 19, 2007, 01:41 PM.
              04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno

Comment

• Tom you are a sick sick man.

Did I ever tell you I love in a non gay way
                but seriously any car you touch just gets fast. Come molest my car

Comment

• Thanks Joe! Next meet we have I'll go behind the bushes with your car and we'll see what happens.

Comment

• Very nice Thomass.... Cant wait to see it in action again.
                    93 PGT-ZE-T<---- Yes T as in turbo.
                    89 PGT

Comment

• Tom poops money. I'm pretty sure that if Tom's anus were to commence bleeding, his anus would seep money out his rectum. Can I have some of your bloody rectal money, Tom?
                      Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

• Tom is an engineer... thats what I want. Hey tom I might need to interview you about your job for my class..... I am suppose to interview someone in the career I want to go in.
                        89 PGT

Comment

• ROFL!! Ant, you almost just made me piss myself! Yes, I do make good money, but I work hard for it. I also try to do as much PC work on the side as possible to supplement my income. However, I will say that fixing the FD did set me back a pretty penny.

Andy, anytime you want to talk man just give me a call. I'll let you know everything I've learned about engineering as a career.

Comment

• Originally posted by TRWeiss1
                            ROFL!! Ant, you almost just made me piss myself! Yes, I do make good money, but I work hard for it. I also try to do as much PC work on the side as possible to supplement my income. However, I will say that fixing the FD did set me back a pretty penny.

Andy, anytime you want to talk man just give me a call. I'll let you know everything I've learned about engineering as a career.
                            Alright might be hearing from me soon!!!
                            89 PGT

Comment

• Just let me know man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Domino81
                                Tom poops money. I'm pretty sure that if Tom's anus were to commence bleeding, his anus would seep money out his rectum. Can I have some of your bloody rectal money, Tom?
                                You also think I'm loaded...
                                <Insert lame vehicle specs here>

Comment

Working...
                                X