Someone had to do it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone had to do it...

...Make a new thread that is! This place is freakin dead!

WAKE YOUR ASSES UP NYPOC!
    95 PGT MTX - Probezilla - Supercharged 'n Squirted ZE @ 8 psi
    93 FD - LSx 7.0L - 11.6@128.5 (w/ old rotary setup)
    89 DTM PGT - 49K ORIGINAL miles! - MINT! - Sold
    04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno
    Probezilla & The FD 540 RWHP/415 RWTQ @ 24.5 psi (past rotary setup)

I'm up!!! To the gym then. Last minute Christmas shopping. Actually it's not last minute it's the beginning lol
    93 PGT-ZE-T<---- Yes T as in turbo.
    89 PGT

Comment

New to this Group

I don't know how to make a thread myself, so I will be posting under this one for now. I'm 17, my parents bought me a 94 Ford Probe SE. It won't start. It didn't run when they bought it, so they got it for a really good price. It seems to be in good shape. it has 170k on it. My dad and I found out that the fuel pump is working, the injectors are working, the ignition appears to be working because we have fire to the spark plugs, We have checked the timing, we took the bolt off of the crank shaft with the Keyway pointing straight up and the #1 Cylinder at TDC. We took the valve cover off and the timing gears are were they should be and the timing belt looks like it has been changed recently. The engine looks like it has good compression. The distributer rotor is pointing to the #1 cylinder post. We can pull the spark plug and crank the engine and get a spark at the plug. We want to check the timing mark while turning the engine over my dad would like to know. "Do I need to do anything before I do this to get an accurate reading?" I really want to get my 1st car running and stop calling my parents to pick me up from events and other kids ride off in their fancy new cars.

Comment

Hi Barb, Welcome To Probetalk. This is the NY forums. You might have better luck look ing in the Probes Northwest Forums to have someone closer to home look at it. Looks like your testing everything, Did you test your battery? Sometimes its the easiest things that could be the issue.
        2013 Race Red Mustang
        1992 Rio Red PROBE GL (R.I.P '02 )
        1995 WildOrchid PROBE GT (sold )
        2005 Glacier Silver Metallic Mazda6Sport (sold )

Comment

Thanks 2Funky4u, for the quick reply and nice welcome! My dad says that is so true what you said about the battery. The folks we bought the Probe from must have bought a new one when it stopped running for them, as the battery is brand new, and turns the motor over fast. Also I figured out what I was doing wrong when I put my first post on this thread, so I copied it and put it in the proper area in the Forum. I have to head off to work now. I'm a checker/bagger at a grocery store, soon to be vice president of the chain You live in a cool area that I would like to visit some day. Thanks again for the quick reply!
          Last edited by Barb; December 23, 2009, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Upstate NY is cool and interesting? Iowa must be off the charts awful by comparison.
            Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

^ Bwahahahahahaha!
              95 PGT MTX - Probezilla - Supercharged 'n Squirted ZE @ 8 psi
              93 FD - LSx 7.0L - 11.6@128.5 (w/ old rotary setup)
              89 DTM PGT - 49K ORIGINAL miles! - MINT! - Sold
              04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno
              Probezilla & The FD 540 RWHP/415 RWTQ @ 24.5 psi (past rotary setup)

Comment

Umm hi.
                97 Mustang GT - Yes, it can turn.

Comment

Working...
                X