Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What aftermarket performance parts need to be made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What aftermarket performance parts need to be made?

I have a friend out here that is building a 2.5L... He just got himself a job at the machine shop that is doing it. He will be messing around with some stuff soon. Think he started with the flywheel today or something.

But my question is... What needs to me made? Rather, what is not made that should be? Cams?, those are actually in the working I hear.

I am swapping my engine out shortly (uh, hopefully anyway!:smile. And with the old 03 I plan on taking my time and doing some stuff to it. Basically build the heck out of it, time and money permitting. At this point I am gonna look into having stuff made. Stuff can be first done to my car then with the knowledge they get from that they can offer it. There is about 4 or 5 places that are willing to work with me on stuff and get stuff going.

This post make any sence what so ever? I've been doing other things at the same time and it's taken me like 20 mins to get this all down. :smile:
    ~SonicRacing~
    PT member #24
    1993 Probe GT -ZE (for sale, $2k)
    1987 RX-7 Turbo II (for sale, $2k)
    2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege (for sale, $22k)

Well, this isn't involving a machine shop, but we need a ECU chip that allows plug and play MAF conversions...

Yes, cams do need to be made but at over $600 for 4 that makes them not worth the money - other go fast goodies are available at that price.

Maybe have a new valvetrain available (lighter than stock)...lighter/stronger than stock axles...a cheaper LSD (like the Phantom Grip edition)...

Altezza tail lightss would be nice....carbon fider dash kit...a pinned fiberglass hood for racing only...fiberglass front fenders (for the drag racers)...lexan rear and 1/4 windows...custom roll cages...

Shall I go on...?
    :grin::
    90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
    93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
    97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
    90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

How about suspension parts? A-arms, strut-tower camber plates, etc...

Fiberglass body parts and lexan windows are already made for the Probe.
      Currently buying all my parts for my future part-out thread...https://forums.probetalk.com/core/im.../icon_look.gif
      STEVE B
      1993 Probe GT
      2016 Mustang

Comment

a roll cage or roll bar would be nice.
        cams, yeah...

again, its not that there aren't parts out there, its just that they are so dayum expensive.
        2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
        2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

equal length headers
          sheet metle intkae manifold
          drop in high flow injectors
          fiberglass doors / lexan windows
          a manual steering rack
          high flow (mabey an electric convsion kit?) oil and water pumps

Comment

Adjustable front and rear swaybars?

Comment

Definitely stronger axles... Gerry Sica breaks them often I hear on his slicks.

Comment

Roll bars are all ready made by Auto Power. Its a four point with a removable behind the seat cross bar for like $50 more. It runs about $350. You can get them from CB performance :smile:
                I think we should get a Carbon Kevlar Drive Shaft hehe. I saw this in the Grand Tourismo 1&2. Its only about $2000 :smile: Laters Mikal
                MY CAR HAS BEEN SOLD. Thanks to all who have inspired me and more important to those that I might have inspired. For the friends and friendships that Ive made here in the PT community. Thank you all. www.jadecrew.com

Comment

Titanium Parts. Twice as strong as steel, and almost as light as aluminum.
                  '93 Probe GT For Sale. Replaced carpet, struts, rotors, calipers, pads, cvshafts, Pass. side spindle assy., Full Pacesetter exhaust including ceramic coated headers, and pheno spacers. Sony deck, infinity kappas all around, 12" Cadence sub, Cadence a5000+ Amp for the sub, and Cadence Amp for the interiors (Really Pounds).
                  http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6wxre/id2.html

Comment

On 2001-04-06 06:55, SBPGT wrote:

What fiberglass body parts and lexan windows are made? Where could I get them??
                    Alek 93 GTR.
                    Custom body and custom FI project in full affect!

Comment

On 2001-04-06 13:29, Mikal wrote:
                      I think we should get a Carbon Kevlar Drive Shaft hehe. I saw this in the Grand Tourismo 1&2. Its only about $2000 :smile: Laters Mikal
                      Would be nice if we had RWD so we could have a driveshaft :smile:

Comment

On 2001-04-06 19:13, Probe GT-1 wrote:

Would be nice if we had RWD so we could have a driveshaft :smile:
                        lol, i like the axel idea a lot.
                        2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
                        2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

On 2001-04-06 18:57, GreenBeast wrote:
                          On 2001-04-06 06:55, SBPGT wrote:

What fiberglass body parts and lexan windows are made? Where could I get them??
                          I saw the link for that site months ago. There are extremley expensive. Not really for street use. As for fenders and stuff though that is something that could be made. Problem is I'm not ready to have stuff like that make for my car.... I've never heard of lexan windos either. Those you could just make yourself. They are EXTREMLEY expensive for Hondas and stuf...
                          ~SonicRacing~
                          PT member #24
                          1993 Probe GT -ZE (for sale, $2k)
                          1987 RX-7 Turbo II (for sale, $2k)
                          2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege (for sale, $22k)

Comment

The only reason Cams cost so much and are the lack of buyers...

Cam profiles are available, I even developed my own...:grin:

For $600 you could add upwards of 20chp (or more), coupled with propper prior mods and you could do like I am...:grin:

253hp@203tq...All NA and from a KL03...:grin:
                            Should be finished by June 2001...
                            Rick_96PGT #62
                            "I never apologize.
                            I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am."
                            - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

a stroker kit that doesnt cost an arm and a leg
                              Black 94 PGT - squirted, LSD'd, turbo DE/ZE hybrid @ 8psi

Forget the dog...turbos are a man's best friend

Comment

Working...
                              X