Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody in SC want a set of FD rims with tires??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShadowSE View Post
    I would probably be looking for some used parts (front and rear bumper and hood... Seems like a ton out there and I barely looked and was finding stuff for less than $600 for the 3 pieces). Have them prepped off of the car and then install so it can be painted and blended if the body shop thinks it needs to be (have to evaluate how far off your color has changed from OEM... Some have calibrating tools that get them close though). If they think they can get it close without blending I'd just paint the bumpers off the car (should be cheaper... Takes up less room in the shop, gives you less of a timetable they have to meet, no masking parts).

As far as the roof, if it can't be wet sanded or polished out to an acceptable level at least they can mask it off at the windshield, rear window and the drop channels so you wouldn't have any seams or blending up there. Again that shouldn't be crazy as it's easy prep and a nice flat surface (depending on the hail issue and what they can do. Id be afraid of body filler though so I'd be more inclined to wrap it black or something so it hides most of the dents if possible).

Or

Dip Yo Ride
    Hmm, yeah I kinda want to do STi parts (such as the rear bumper) but some require drilling into the rear finderwell. I just looked on ebay and saw a few rear bumpers for 100-250 area. I didn't see any with perfect blue paint but I could just buy one and get it painted.

The hood can't be wetsanded, spots have gone down to the white (primer layer) so it would need a repaint. Overall most of the car still has good paint so the rear bumper is the only must for me. I have a really nice porter cable random orbital buffer that I'd use if it was repairable.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

04 Subaru Impreza WRX WRB sold to smurphsprobe

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
      Hmm, yeah I kinda want to do STi parts (such as the rear bumper) but some require drilling into the rear finderwell. I just looked on ebay and saw a few rear bumpers for 100-250 area. I didn't see any with perfect blue paint but I could just buy one and get it painted.

The hood can't be wetsanded, spots have gone down to the white (primer layer) so it would need a repaint. Overall most of the car still has good paint so the rear bumper is the only must for me. I have a really nice porter cable random orbital buffer that I'd use if it was repairable.

Yea if you want to do STI parts I'd do that and find some parts... Can probably track down a decent one from a car hit on the side or front if you hunted... And do that. Fit it on the car and have them spray it. If that's all you want to do that should be easy and let you change it up also.
      Lots of cars... none of which are a Probe...

Comment

• Dropping CL off tomorrow to be detailed inside and out....going up for sale next week, not too late for one of you to buy it!
        ~SumR
        I don't own a car anymore and it's weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post
          Dropping CL off tomorrow to be detailed inside and out....going up for sale next week, not too late for one of you to buy it!
          Gonna have to sadly decline. Where's Dale??

Comment

• ::raises hand::

I think it may be a little too nice for "New 2 You Auto Sales".
            Dale's twenny18 Lineup:
            93 PGT - On the 20 year restoration plan

Comment

• Originally posted by Eliza View Post
              ::raises hand::

I think it may be a little too nice for "New 2 You Auto Sales".
              with 180k miles, hella oxidized paint, couple of dents, and a jammed CD changer it is def not too nice.

~SumR

Comment

• So what are you gonna do for a ride in Europe? Get some fancy Renault or something? Haha

For some reason that continent doesn't sound like any place I want to be in the near future.

Comment

So what are you gonna do for a ride in Europe? Get some fancy Renault or something? Haha

For some reason that continent doesn't sound like any place I want to be in the near future.
                  Nah, I will actually have little need for a car over there. Moving to a very walkable city with a subway and excellent public transit system. Plus, manfriend will have a company car (Passat) for when we do want to drive places. At some point I will probably end up buying something cheap and fun for myself just because I love to drive so much, but not gonna be a priority for a while.
                  ~SumR

Comment

Nah, I will actually have little need for a car over there. Moving to a very walkable city with a subway and excellent public transit system. Plus, manfriend will have a company car (Passat) for when we do want to drive places. At some point I will probably end up buying something cheap and fun for myself just because I love to drive so much, but not gonna be a priority for a while.
                    Hopefully it's not a diesel haha. At least you don't have to buy something. Taxes and all that registration junk is insane (at least they used to be. Can't imagine it getting better).

Comment

Hopefully it's not a diesel haha. At least you don't have to buy something. Taxes and all that registration junk is insane (at least they used to be. Can't imagine it getting better).
                      and petrol cost

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

04 Subaru Impreza WRX WRB sold to smurphsprobe

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
                        and petrol cost
                        TRUTH. Gas over there is insane. It's sold by the liter rather than the gallon and is often between 5-6 euro per. Will not be sad to miss out on that.
                        ~SumR

Comment

TRUTH. Gas over there is insane. It's sold by the liter rather than the gallon and is often between 5-6 euro per. Will not be sad to miss out on that.
                          Yea you hAve to learn how to reorder stuff now haha.

Liter, kilogram, kilometers haha. Good luck!

Comment

• http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/wow - Y2Khai goodness
                            Stephen Wilds #303
                            PhotoPOC
                            BMW 328i
                            BMW Z4

Comment

• Originally posted by supergoat View Post
                              omg. can always count on you for the epic throwbacks.
                              ~SumR

Comment

• CL is gone, y'all. some guy drove up from Atlanta last night and paid full asking price of $3500 with no questions.
                                ~SumR

Comment

Working...
                                X