Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody in SC want a set of FD rims with tires??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
    What are you doing for work over there?
    Working remotely for a US-based travel company and about to start as a freelance English teacher for a language school here.
    ~SumR
    I don't own a car anymore and it's weird.

Comment

• make sure to make up stuff that is cool in the us to see if it catches on there. Tell them stuff like etch-a-sketches are cool and everyone carries them around like cell phones.

Oh and The Hoff!
      Lots of cars... none of which are a Probe...

Comment

• Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post
        Working remotely for a US-based travel company and about to start as a freelance English teacher for a language school here.
        Nice. I'm going to try and look for a work from home job shortly. My career here is about to end after nearly 10 years.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

04 Subaru Impreza WRX WRB sold to smurphsprobe

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Man I don't know what I'd do if i had to work from home! I'd go crazy!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadowSE View Post
            Man I don't know what I'd do if i had to work from home! I'd go crazy!
            Sometimes I get to one day a week. It's worth not having to get dressed and not having to drive.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

Man I don't know what I'd do if i had to work from home! I'd go crazy!
              I don't really like being around people on a frequent basis and I have never agreed with the concept of being required to be at a specific building for a set number of hours each day, regardless of productivity and workload.

Working from home definitely isn't for everyone, but it's perfect for me.
              ~SumR

Comment

• Having fun in Germany lately? Sounds like a rough place to be (and not going to get any better anytime soon most likely!).

Comment

• I've been trying to locate a newer car but man is it hard to find something around the summertime.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

Having fun in Germany lately? Sounds like a rough place to be (and not going to get any better anytime soon most likely!).
                    I am, yes. I know it sounds like a lot of shit is going on here, but think about all the shootings and police brutality in the states....not much more appealing, right?

Your friend Bryan and his wife just moved to Munich. Deutchland ist der Ort zu sein!
                    ~SumR

Comment

I've been trying to locate a newer car but man is it hard to find something around the summertime.
                      What did you ever decide on??

Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post
                      I am, yes. I know it sounds like a lot of shit is going on here, but think about all the shootings and police brutality in the states....not much more appealing, right?

Your friend Bryan and his wife just moved to Munich. Deutchland ist der Ort zu sein!
                      Yea but Germany used to be much more locked down. It's almost expected over here. More so unheard of (until recent years) over there. Not being a criminal has seemed to do a good job of keeping me off the radar of the police. Other people should try it some time.

Yep everyone is headed that direction it seems. Not me! Maybe 10yrs ago but that country (Europe as a whole) is being changed in a direction I would not want to be bringing children into!

How come you have been there so long but not yet posted any pics of anything cool?

Or are you one of those Facebook people still who does everything on there?

Comment

What did you ever decide on??

Probably 2013-2017 STi base (would prefer premium for sun/moonroof). But will probably settle for a WRX again, only if it's premium.

I figure it's more worth getting the STi for lack of needing to mod it, and they don't lose value that quickly. Just see way more during the fall/winter months than I do during the summer. But then again I haven't test drove one to see if I really even need the extra STi features.

Also MSRP just keeps going up and up every year. Just outweighing everything right now, job isn't doing too good but I have money saved up for a car. Hoping I can get a new job beforehand.

For instance... here's a 2015 base model at the local VW dealership... https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...4321/overview/
                        Last edited by livingsacrifice; July 27, 2016, 05:34 AM.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

Yea but Germany used to be much more locked down. It's almost expected over here. More so unheard of (until recent years) over there. Not being a criminal has seemed to do a good job of keeping me off the radar of the police. Other people should try it some time.

Yep everyone is headed that direction it seems. Not me! Maybe 10yrs ago but that country (Europe as a whole) is being changed in a direction I would not want to be bringing children into!

How come you have been there so long but not yet posted any pics of anything cool?

Or are you one of those Facebook people still who does everything on there?
                          Haha, no. I rarely post on facebook. I do post a good bit on instagram, you can see some of my awesome exciting pics there (my account is public so you don't need to create a login to see) - https://www.instagram.com/summeroutside/

...wait, childREN? Are you and the missus increasing your population?
                          ~SumR

Comment

Probably 2013-2017 STi base (would prefer premium for sun/moonroof). But will probably settle for a WRX again, only if it's premium.

I figure it's more worth getting the STi for lack of needing to mod it, and they don't lose value that quickly. Just see way more during the fall/winter months than I do during the summer. But then again I haven't test drove one to see if I really even need the extra STi features.

Also MSRP just keeps going up and up every year. Just outweighing everything right now, job isn't doing too good but I have money saved up for a car. Hoping I can get a new job beforehand.

For instance... here's a 2015 base model at the local VW dealership... https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...4321/overview/
                            Yea I noticed the price creep going up over the last few years. I can't imagine paying $35k for an almost 2 year old Subaru! I didn't think it has gotten that far!

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post
                            Haha, no. I rarely post on facebook. I do post a good bit on instagram, you can see some of my awesome exciting pics there (my account is public so you don't need to create a login to see) - https://www.instagram.com/summeroutside/

...wait, childREN? Are you and the missus increasing your population?
                            Increasing? Ha. No. Population at my house has been 4 for quite some time now

Comment

Increasing? Ha. No. Population at my house has been 4 for quite some time now
                              wtf really? When did you guys have a second?? Boy or girl?
                              ~SumR

Comment

Yea I noticed the price creep going up over the last few years. I can't imagine paying $35k for an almost 2 year old Subaru! I didn't think it has gotten that far!

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

I know right. Base price on a 2017 is 37k, absurd. Subaru did some weird crap with the latest gen models, why does the WRX have the FA20 2.0 BRZ engine with 6spd and the STi have the older EJ25 2.5 with 6spd. That's why I'd ideally like to go for the 2013-2014 years, plus I think they look better with that widebody.

Speaking of, I saw Kareem is trading in his STi, I think he has a 2012 or 2013, wish he was selling it rather than trading as I'd jump on that. Probably not enough room for all the kids, he's having yet another one.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

Working...
                                X