Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody in SC want a set of FD rims with tires??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busted...
    Lots of cars... none of which are a Probe...

Comment

• Sweet car, Daylin!

Totes forgot about Robert's truck!
      ~SumR
      I don't own a car anymore and it's weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post
        Sweet car, Daylin!

Totes forgot about Robert's truck!
        I don't know how you did that. You drove it more than I did haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadowSE View Post
          I don't know how you did that. You drove it more than I did haha.
          I know!! Right after I replied I was like, "wait, didn't I drive that truck to Colorado and back?"

But that was really just a lame excuse to trade cars because I knew you wanted some sweet, sweet alone time with the CL. You're welcome.
          ~SumR
          I don't own a car anymore and it's weird.

Comment

• Maybe I'm getting old but I'm looking at resonated axleback instead of muffler delete. Or maybe that's so I can hear people when I call them on the phone.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

04 Subaru Impreza WRX WRB sold to smurphsprobe

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post
              I know!! Right after I replied I was like, "wait, didn't I drive that truck to Colorado and back?"

But that was really just a lame excuse to trade cars because I knew you wanted some sweet, sweet alone time with the CL. You're welcome.
              Yeah. That must be it. Since I moved from Hilton Head I have missed living on the water and driving your CL took me right back to those days of rocking back and forth on a boat. Complete with the (almost) sea sickness.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
              Maybe I'm getting old but I'm looking at resonated axleback instead of muffler delete. Or maybe that's so I can hear people when I call them on the phone.
              That's a huge benefit haha.

I was at cars and coffee and a stock Viper showed up and when he started it I was amazed how quiet it was. Definately going to be looking to tame it down a bit more this year for that reason. A muffler deleted scubaru would rank right behind straight pipe rotary in terms of things I no longer want to be near in my 30s haha!

Comment

I was at cars and coffee and a stock Viper showed up and when he started it I was amazed how quiet it was. Definately going to be looking to tame it down a bit more this year for that reason. A muffler deleted scubaru would rank right behind straight pipe rotary in terms of things I no longer want to be near in my 30s haha!
                Yeah I'm just worried about that warranty now, I've got another probably 3k left on main warranty but 30k on the powertrain left. Almost thinking about waiting until it's up before I throw a few things on it but that mod bug is biting me and I've only had it for a week. I need an exhaust of some type and the accessport fixes so many things with the stock tune. Then I want to bring my bike so I'm looking at hitches, etc... I'm gonna ask a guy I know at the dealership how anti-mod the local place is.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
                  Yeah I'm just worried about that warranty now, I've got another probably 3k left on main warranty but 30k on the powertrain left. Almost thinking about waiting until it's up before I throw a few things on it but that mod bug is biting me and I've only had it for a week. I need an exhaust of some type and the accessport fixes so many things with the stock tune. Then I want to bring my bike so I'm looking at hitches, etc... I'm gonna ask a guy I know at the dealership how anti-mod the local place is.
                  Yea. I'd just start with a cat back for now. Not going to run into mod trouble with them. Accessport could cause some issues though if something happened that they could remotely attribute back to it...

Comment

Yea. I'd just start with a cat back for now. Not going to run into mod trouble with them. Accessport could cause some issues though if something happened that they could remotely attribute back to it...

Yeah most people do axleback. Catback and turboback do too much to effect warranty apparently.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

Yeah most people do axleback. Catback and turboback do too much to effect warranty apparently.
                      Yeah that's why I didn't turboback on my speed3. Much larger gains when you do the downpipe (and usually eliminate the cat) but you def get into territory where it becomes extremely difficult to argue warranty work. Catback is all mostly volume change anyway without much of any increase in power (or additional stress to the motor).

Either way do something haha

Comment

• Thinking about the ETS one with mufflers. Most people go Nameless exhaust with the muffler deletes. Either way they sound way better than the stock exhaust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEHim2Qz4H0

Also need something to haul my bike around. Some guy locally was setting a roof rack but I didn't like the fitment of those. I'm pretty sure I want to go with a hitch, either the Curt (below) or the one that fits in the rear foglight space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UmT8lqwfVA

That might cause a warranty issue too but I'm not sure a better way to do it.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Didn't watch the whole video since I was on my phone but I don't see how it would have issues outside your bumper / frame paint warranty... which is probably about up anyway...

Comment

Didn't watch the whole video since I was on my phone but I don't see how it would have issues outside your bumper / frame paint warranty... which is probably about up anyway...
                            Yeah bumper to bumper is nearly up all I'd have is the powertrain til 60k. I'm now thinking catback instead of axleback. I just need to research if they throw codes after installation, not sure dealership would be happy about that one.

Think I'm gonna get on this catback.. Grimmspeed makes AMAZING products for Subaru's, I had 2 or 3 of their items on my 2004. It's a group buy right now but expected to ship any day. It will sound different on mine since I don't have an aftermarket jpipe, but one day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBk7rUh8STM
                            Last edited by livingsacrifice; March 27, 2017, 06:22 PM.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

i bought my Cobra with no tailpipes and single chambered mufflers. it sounded awesome but it was impossible to drive without either sounding obnoxious or giving me a headache. 2 chambered Flowmasters and some new tailpipes made it sound just right.
                              Last edited by eric_93pgt; March 27, 2017, 08:14 PM.

'96 Cobra: SCT/Bama tuned, King Cobra clutch, STS, rear cats removed, Flowmasters, 2" drop, c/c plates, Global West subframe connectors, pulleys, 3:73 gears, Crystal White/saddle leather
                              '05 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT: 5.7L Hemi, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow, 20" rims, Powerslot, Bilstein, all power, sunroof, Alpine iDA-X001, Bright White/gray leather

Comment

Think I'm gonna get on this catback.. Grimmspeed makes AMAZING products for Subaru's, I had 2 or 3 of their items on my 2004. It's a group buy right now but expected to ship any day. It will sound different on mine since I don't have an aftermarket jpipe, but one day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBk7rUh8STM
                                That has got to be the least exciting marketing video for a car part ever

Exhaust sounds good though but wow that video was dull haha.

Originally posted by eric_93pgt View Post
                                i bought my Cobra with no tailpipes and single chambered mufflers. it sounded awesome but it was impossible to drive without either sounding obnoxious or giving me a headache. 2 chambered Flowmasters and some new tailpipes made it sound just right.
                                It's a mustang... it was born obnoxious (kidding... I had one years ago). Very rarely do cars sound good when you open up the exhaust that much.

Comment

Working...
                                X