Need suspension shop suggestions for Gville/Sptbg area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need suspension shop suggestions for Gville/Sptbg area

I just picked up a cheap '93 GT and one of the previous owners installed some D2 coilovers. It's slammed (can barely fit one finger between each tire and fender) rides like it's on marbles and I honestly have no clue about suspensions. There is just about *no* travel when I push down on the hatch and it has some type of aftermarket anti-sway bar and end links installed. Front tires are close to slick, so that needs to be addressed and may be playing a big part of what's going on. The steering seems quite responsive and the ride isn't bouncy... I don't mind a tight suspension, but it's just too low for me and seems like I'm driving on a gravel road.

Thanks for any shop ideas. I don't want to take it to a place that can work only within factory specs.

'96 Cobra: SCT/Bama tuned, King Cobra clutch, STS, rear cats removed, Flowmasters, 2" drop, c/c plates, Global West subframe connectors, pulleys, 3:73 gears, Crystal White/saddle leather
    '05 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT: 5.7L Hemi, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow, 20" rims, Powerslot, Bilstein, all power, sunroof, Alpine iDA-X001, Bright White/gray leather

If its on coilovers, why not just raise it back up to an acceptable driving height and start there?
    Lots of cars... none of which are a Probe...

Comment

2nd that. Just jack the rear up, turn the spindles and raise it up till it sits where you want.
      Then do that for the front. If it was like my pgt as slammed as it was, i had to drive up about 3 2x4s to get a jack under it.
      H&R Springs * Tokico Blues * 2.5L KLDE Swap * ZE Pistons * Colt Cams * Custom Cold Air Intake * Hot Shot Headers * Custom 2.5" Magnaflow Exhaust
      6 6 8 8 8 4 6 9 9 3

Comment

I'm showing my ignorance when I say I've never done that before. I'm going to put the better back tires on the front while I take a quick drive over to my dad's to get two good tires off of my old totaled '93. Maybe the ride will be better since the front ones now are just about slick.

First thing though is to bleed the brakes and clutch and investigate a leak. The reservoir was really low last night and the clutch went to the floor and stayed there until I lifted it up with my foot. I added fluid, pumped the brakes, checked the level again and saw fluid on the brake booster. Bad seal on the master cylinder? I'll look for other leaks when I move the wheels around.

In other news, apparently the previous owner was careless (as was I for not noticing it) and left a small bag of something I won't mention in the cubbyhole area. It was hidden behind another shifter he left. Found that on April 20th. Go figure. I'm cleaning this car completely before driving it anywhere.

'96 Cobra: SCT/Bama tuned, King Cobra clutch, STS, rear cats removed, Flowmasters, 2" drop, c/c plates, Global West subframe connectors, pulleys, 3:73 gears, Crystal White/saddle leather
        '05 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT: 5.7L Hemi, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow, 20" rims, Powerslot, Bilstein, all power, sunroof, Alpine iDA-X001, Bright White/gray leather

Comment

Lots of air in the lines and a leaky rear wheel cylinder. I don't think the oil has been changed in a long time either... the drain nut was stripped and the oil was thick and dark. Two completely shot front tires and four crappy looking spacers contributed to the rough ride.

Now I need a muffler and an alignment.

Comment

Working...
          X