Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My projects

Hey Sodak Probers,
    Just figured I would give you all an update. Well as most of you guys probably know I own 3 probes now. 2 2nd gen GT's and a 2nd gen SE. The SE is basically my SPL competition/Show vehicle, while one of my GT's is getting ready for all go, and the other GT(Mikes old car w/blownmotoritis)is going to be next years project car.

I am trying to break the 160db barrier in the super street class with the SE this year. I will be running a Pioneer AVH-P7500DVD multimedia headunit, 2 Kicker 15" solo L7's in a 12 cu.ft. vented enclosure, 2 Kicker KX1200.1's, 1 Kicker SX700.4, 2 6 1/2" pair resolution component sets, 2 pair 8" resolution midbass drivers, 1 pair Kicker 3" resolution components in dash for center channel, 1 Auidiocontrol overdrive preamp line driver for sub amps, 3 stinger SP1000 dry cell batts, 2 Stinger 5 farad capacitors, and a crap load of Dynamat . I hope to have the bodykit on and painted by the time the Hocking hills meet rolls around. I recently had the whole rearend painted w/ new hatch glass due to some punkass thieves. Had the grand touring wing installed and painted at the same time. Also had the cf hood and headlight covers recleared. So the SE seams to be coming along quite nicely.

My black GT will be going in for a ATX to MTX swap along with a spec stage 3 clutch, fidanza flywheel, RR-Racing stainless clutch line, RR-Racing poly mm inserts, and a PRD short throw shifter next week. When that gets done the NX wet n2o kit and drop springs will be installed. I also have a walbro 255lph fuel pump and MBX ultimate FPR kit on the way. By then I should have the tires ordered(Yokahama Parada spec 2's) for my 18" Konig troubles. Hopefully I will have my turbo kit paid off (with a company that will remain nameless as he is not a PT vender) by this summer. Then by the winter I should have my FX series 1 lip, combat sides, and combat rear triangles. She should be pretty quick by the time I get her tuned after all of this.

As for the 2nd GT (w/blownmotoritis), no plans for her this year. Next year I plan on slapping in a ZE and doing an all motor build.

Anyway, if you guys have any projects you are working on or plan on working on I would love to hear about it.

Later,
    Terry
    SoDak Probes President, Founding member of Team Legion Of Boom
    My '94 PSE & '95 PGT

sounds great man, cant wait to see it and meet everyone.

im just tryin to get my 89GT back together. hope to have her on the road by july and finished by january. still need to get a 2nd generation interior (front and rear seats) and finish upholstering my door and side panels. my headlight fabrication is coming along as planned so far, still need to decide which lights to use. nothing too fancy, just something subtle but with outstanding light output.

any other projects going around here?
    - 89 PGT
    - 89 PGT (organ donor)
    - 02 Volvo S60 T-5 "Sasha"
    - 93 Probe Base MTX "Dog"

Comment

Hey guys, adam here. after my probes tranny went out, i started to save for a new one then came across a really good deal on a 1993 Dodge Stealth R/T with body kit, rims, venom chip, and a couple other little things for only 3500. So needless to say i bought the car, still have to pay the chick off another 500, so once i get her payed off, im going to get the probe fix and make it into a project car. While getting alot of shit from a certain member of this club, i have decided to ignore certain opinions and go my own way. If i want to do stuff to the stealth i would like to without getting critisized. Not to sound like a jerk or anything but yea, just because i have a stealth now does not mean i dont like the probe anymore. just that the stealth is faster and does have alot more potential. Newho, little off the topic. I will let you guys know any further details as to my decisions

Comment

Originally posted by Brthemn
        Hey guys, adam here. after my probes tranny went out, i started to save for a new one then came across a really good deal on a 1993 Dodge Stealth R/T with body kit, rims, venom chip, and a couple other little things for only 3500. So needless to say i bought the car, still have to pay the chick off another 500, so once i get her payed off, im going to get the probe fix and make it into a project car. While getting alot of shit from a certain member of this club, i have decided to ignore certain opinions and go my own way. If i want to do stuff to the stealth i would like to without getting critisized. Not to sound like a jerk or anything but yea, just because i have a stealth now does not mean i dont like the probe anymore. just that the stealth is faster and does have alot more potential. Newho, little off the topic. I will let you guys know any further details as to my decisions

Lol, nuttin but love brudda lol. You know we are only hazing you Adam . What you do with your money is your business. I will always be your friend regaurdless. Even if you do have an elephant, I mean a Stealth j/k lol . Just don't take this all seriously. We have to give you crap otherwise we would have to pick on Steve and he's not that fun to pick on lol.
        It is kind of depressing though. I'm trying to get this club to grow and it seems like everyone around here is getting out of the "probe scene". I just talked to a couple of guys the other day that wanted to join the club then wrecked their cars so aren't interested anymore. It's sad

-Terry
        Last edited by SPLXTREM; May 2, 2005, 08:12 PM.
        My '94 PSE & '95 PGT

Comment

Well car should be ready to rip through the gears tomarrow lol. Well maybe not till I get the clutch broke in . Then it will be, " I'm droppin the hammer"......"No your not" **Smiles** bawaaaaa!!!!(days of thunder)lol.
          My '94 PSE & '95 PGT

Comment

Hey,
            Cant wait to meet you too Brian. I think we are going to try to plan something for this weekend. I know Steve and I will be at the Car show/sound competition at Western Dakota Votech all day Saturday. You should meet us down there.
            My '94 PSE & '95 PGT

Comment

Steve,
              Man I can't wait till your car gets done. Can't wait till all of us guys can roll through town with all the probes again. Should be a site to see.
              My '94 PSE & '95 PGT

Comment

Well,
                Got the GT back today, and all I can say is holy crap!! I've never had so much fun driving a car. This friggin car is so responsive w/ the fidanza flywheel and stage 3 clutch. Definitely the best mods I have done yet for the probers. I will be putting the n2o in next week so should be fun .
                My '94 PSE & '95 PGT

Comment

hey, whats up guys, i know im not a member, but i am of probetalk. I was just wondering if Terry is getting my emails or not for membership info. i wrote once and got nothing back, so tell me if somethings up. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SPLXTREM
                    Hey,
                    Cant wait to meet you too Brian. I think we are going to try to plan something for this weekend. I know Steve and I will be at the Car show/sound competition at Western Dakota Votech all day Saturday. You should meet us down there.

DAMN! I missed this post!
                    anything goin on this weekend (14th/15th)?
                    Last edited by Dreadnought_LX; May 12, 2005, 01:41 PM.
                    - 89 PGT
                    - 89 PGT (organ donor)
                    - 02 Volvo S60 T-5 "Sasha"
                    - 93 Probe Base MTX "Dog"

Comment

Originally posted by YOUNGGUNS94PGT
                      hey, whats up guys, i know im not a member, but i am of probetalk. I was just wondering if Terry is getting my emails or not for membership info. i wrote once and got nothing back, so tell me if somethings up. Thanks

Hey,
                      Got your email and have sent you a response. So check your mail .
                      Later,
                      Terry
                      My '94 PSE & '95 PGT

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought_LX
                        DAMN! I missed this post!
                        anything goin on this weekend (14th/15th)?
                        You know, I think we are going to get together this weekend. I think bowling or shooting some marbles(pool)should be in order. I will give you a call when I figure out whats going on.
                        Later,
                        Terry
                        My '94 PSE & '95 PGT

Comment

WooHoo. finally got the probe running tonight around 12 or so. Has an idle problem, think its just bad gas on account of it was sitting for approx. 5 months. anywho. Guess whos back. Back again. Adam's back. With his probe. YEEHAWW!!!

Comment

Well,
                            I ended up getting a set of ssautochrome headers off ebay a couple of weeks ago and installed them the day they came in with the the help of Steve and Shawn. I wasn't to enthused about the result. I noticed almost no gain in hp at all. It changed my exhaust tone for the worst(at least in my opinion). It used to have a really low deep tone at half throttle, now it is less "toney".

So I decided to check a few things to see why I couldn't feel much of a gain. Well come to find out that my primary and secondary vris solenoids were not engauging at all. So I tied them open for a test run to see if I could feel a difference, and holy crap was there a difference. Due to having the accuators on the primary solenoid tied open it decided to work. The secondary was still dead though, so I robbed the solenoid from my parts car and now the car runs awesome. Now I just have to install my ZE intake manni/throttlebody(on the way), outlaw pheno kit, and ZE cams(on the way).

I will be ordering up my TW Motorsports turbo kit next week(due to a certain company going out of business that still has a crap load of my money!). By then my megasquirt unit should be built(bulk buy, thanks Ryanpzz). So the black beauty should be a leathal contender by the end of the summer. My FX designs combat lip should be here in a few weeks as well. I will be installing the quad projector pods, carbon fiber fenders, and carbon fiber hood the same time as the lip, so she'll be lookin smokin! Can't wait .
                            Later Guys,
                            Terry
                            My '94 PSE & '95 PGT

Comment

Well, since I got a smokin deal on a set of ludespeed turbo pipes , I decided to go with them instead of the TW deal. I recieved them last week and will be ordering the Turbonetics t3/t04E turbo, Greddy type S bov, Tial waste gate, Spearco ic w/pipes, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, MBX dual feed fpr kit, Millenia s injectors, and some other stuff next week (getting an exceptional spiff check). I'm going to get the Megasuirt unit installed and tuned before I get the boost going as it will make for less headache in the end.

I am also currently in on the colt cam regrind bb for a set of turbo regrinds. So should be getting those soon. I think I am going to install my ZE cams and send in my KL01 cams(for the regrind), so I can get a feel of more aggresive cams. I will install the Outlaw phenos and ZE intake mani at the same time.
                              So all in all the GT is getting some big things done to it.

The SE is kind of an idle project right now. With winter coming up she will get parked as this is my show/spl car. I hope to have enough dough rounded up in the spring for a shop to install the bodykit and spray the custom paint.

As for the other GT, I am undecided at this point what I want to do with her. I would like to slap a ZE into it and make it a daily driver. But it needs a full tranny swap kit as I robbed the parts from this to do the tranny swap for my other GT. I'VE GOT TOO MANY FRIGGIN PROJECTS!!! I wish I could finish up with one and move on to the next. But it is too damn much fun "modding out" these cars .

So thats the update for now.
                              Later,
                              Terry
                              My '94 PSE & '95 PGT

Comment

Working...
                              X