Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bad News... and the Good...

The bad news:

Blue smoke comin out the tailpipe... distributor isnt going to last me much which is $300 new.... i hate the stupid tranny...

Good news: (at least for those of you calling me a quiter)
    1. Part the car out
    2. Swap another motor into it and keep it for a while longer
    3. Sell it really cheap

Personally.. I dont want to sell it really cheap.. because if i was to part it out i can get about 2,000....

I also dont want to part it out cuz the body is in good condition... and quite honestly i dont want to watch this car die like that...

So i want to turn it into a little ZE Swap Project.... and drive it with a ZE for a couple months (till i save 5,000 for a downpayment on another car)

I know a couple of you are already getting into the ZE Swap... my problem is that I'd have to do it soon because im not sure how much longer this motor will last me....

Assuming i do option #2 i will be keeping the car anywhere from 6-12 more months....

But to do that I most definetly need the help of SFLPOC in the swap (since i dont have the tools or experience to do a full motor swap)....

So i am basically asking you guys... Will you help me? Sometime soon... (month or 2 max)

Thx...
    SFLPoc & Moc

2001 Camaro SS - 12.8@110mph (Intake & Exhaust Only)
    2007 Cadillac CTS - 15.4@91mph (Bone stock)
    1995 Probe GT SOLD

The effort you put in will eventually reflect in what you get back...almost always.

i will help you,

Comment

well you gotta find a motor since the $750 deals are non existent and jordan ended up paying like 950+.
      Artist, Writer, Photographer, Video Producer, Daddy!

Official Facebook page for Me, Myself and I

Comment

nevermind....
        SFLPoc & Moc

1995 Probe GT SOLD

The effort you put in will eventually reflect in what you get back...almost always.

Comment

I'll give you $150 for the car. I'll even come and pick it up.
          270whp - 251tq

$mycar = driving(FALSE, TRUE);
          function driving($filter, $turbo) { if(!$filter && $turbo) { return TRUE; } else { return FALSE; } }

Comment

150 will buy you my spare tire ass
            SFLPoc & Moc

1995 Probe GT SOLD

Comment

do u even know the cause of the smoke? A little smoke is not the end of the world. If you are leaving tons of it everywhere then its a problem...you most likely have worn valve stem seals. Fix your car, suck it up, and add oil every so often. It will be fine.

Getting a KLZE in there fast isn't going to happen any time soon...Funzie needs HIS hoist next week (as he has yet to even use it personally) and then some start back to school. The guy I bought my motor from does the swap for around ~$800 which is a GREAT price for the amount of work you hvae to do...

But if you are looking for a new car, then why invest so much into the PGT. As for parting it out, you'll lose your virginity before you make $2,000 outta it

If you come by tomorrow (bring my injectors) we can take a look at the oil smoking issue. I don't think its a major thing because there hasn't been any major demand on your motor to cause catostrophic failure...unless you use the wrong oil, additives, or didn't change it often enough.
              I believe in moderation and that includes moderation.
              92 Lexus SC300 - 780whp/700tq 36+ psi

Comment

I bet if we started at like 6 AM we could have the ZE in my midnight.

92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
                HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
                Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video, Dyno Video
                As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Comment

buy a honda :-x
                  White 93 mx6 with catback, custom intake--SOLD
                  95 Mitsubishi Eclipse-Header -CAI-catback-testpipe--SOLD
                  93 Honda Civic Del slow!---Soon to be sold

Next Project---KL03?????

...Powertoyz CC...

Comment

Is it harder to change a ZE than a KL?
                    I think I can get you a better price to do the swap. you have to know that you'll spend around $1500 for the engine swap installed. Do you know where to get the ZE locally?
                    It's good that you keep the car bro, just learn to love it a little more.
                    BTW I think some of your aftermarket parts wont fit the ZE.
                    Yo, Exit. Did you saw those LOTUS at the mall?
                    my email is NOT working and needs to be fixed ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by crazypaisa
                      I think I can get you a better price to do the swap. you have to know that you'll spend around $1500 for the engine swap installed. Do you know where to get the ZE locally?

Ill sell you my engine with one condition, you take the whole car!!!

Yes, the whole car. Dont be cheap, tell me a price?
                      So!
                      He who angers you controls you.
                      So!

Comment

Originally posted by crazypaisa
                        Umm just about all that was backwards

You can buy a ZE locally at a few places for 750-1,000. Ricky's Auto (where I got my ZE) charges $800 for the install and I think Jorge will do it for $500..not sure.

All the aftermarket parts will fit the ZE except maybe the strut tower bar.
                        I believe in moderation and that includes moderation.
                        92 Lexus SC300 - 780whp/700tq 36+ psi

Comment

Working...
                        X