Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '94 pgt, any local interest?

PICS ADDED

I find myself in need of a truck again, and have an immediate opportunity to buy a nice one.

I wanted to offer it up to you local guys first. The car has spent it's entire life in Boynton Beach until I got last Oct.. I just think it would be cool if it stayed around it's home. It was a one owner car, I'm #2.

'94 5spd 147k (just rolled to 147 today) silver, black interior, pwr windows/locks, orig motor

I'll start with what sucks:

FIXED -Pass. window came out of the rails,,(rails, motors, everything, necessary besides switches were just replaced.) All windows work as necessary.

Hot starts are hard - MUCH BETTER NOW....not sure why. But the problem is has greatly lessened. It's usually the second start of the day that seems a bit long,,,literally 2-3 seconds,,,other times,,even when hot, she fires right up.

She sputters at low rpms and idles at about 1k - disty? The one thing I really need to do, but haven't yet. She runs fine, but sputters, and you can smell gas in exhaust. The guy I got it off (not the original owner,,the mechanic who siezed it after the orig. didn't pay some repair bills) told me he wired in an O2 sensor (not an oem one with connector it sounded),,maybe that's the prob.. I'm not sure.

Some light body damage on right rear qtr (celluite repair), and some paint bubbles, but from 10ft away the car looks good imo. Driver's side door moulding is cracked, but there. Mechanic claimed the door closed on his leg.

The driver's side door shuts itself (bad thing,,,or feature?)

FIXED!!!F'n Burp Tank (air separator tank) has a crack in it - currently a nice leak. I tried to fix with epoxy, but only reduced to a dribble. I'm currently trying to source another from local peeps, hope to fix next week. I still drive it 2miles to work, and it's barely dribbling out,,but I don't dare drive further. No leaks elsewhere. FIXED!!!

Codes = EGR sol. and VRIS#1 (currently zip tied open) (maybe egr stuck open is causing the hard hot starts???)

No parking brake - rears disconnected. But rear brakes do work.

Weak Wallyworld fogs I never took off, one is burnt out.

Two piece door panels - FIXEDdriver's is splitting, but intact / fixable FIXED when pwr windows were fixed.

Airbag light on - not sure why.

ABS light on - needs a sensor(s)

Driver's power seat only 'ooches' forward, goes back fine, has to be 'ooched forward'. Air bladder intact, and works.

Pwr antenna was messed up so it's been disconnected.

Sure I have a vac leak somewhere too,,,can hear the hiss. Probably goes hand in hand with the sputter.

Think she'll need a new brake booster,,or my vac leak is somewhere near there...not sure.

....trying to be detailed, and honest here.....

---------

Good stuff:
    New timing belt less then 100miles. All other timing components with less than 2k on them.
    New water pump less then 2k on it.
    New VCG's (engine still oily from when they leaked when i first got it)
    New spark plugs and wires.
    New Tstat
    All coolant temp sensors new
    Interior looks great. Headliner looks new. Missing center dash vents, but some are coming next week with other parts.
    New hatch supports,,working/lifting hatch!
    All electronics work. All wipers work. Pwr mirros work.
    Lighted keyhole lights work!
    Headlights function properly, all tailights, and signals work.
    Cat gutted. Stock exhaust otherwise.
    Carpet looks great, hatch cover orig and there.
    New struts and mounts all the way around. (was riding on orig.s when i bought it, all where blown)
    New CAI (weak ebay one, but new)
    A/C works!!! (but very weak when eng. below 1.5krpms - weak compressor? Just had it recharged, and a new high and low pressure switch installed)
    No grinding in tranny, feels great, just replaced the fluid less than 100 miles ago too. (the shifter is 'sloppy' though - new bushings?)
    Motor doesn't have any hla tap. Doesn't smoke, feels strong and smooth (aside from low rpm sputter i mentioned).
    Interior is great (needs to be vac'd, but no stains, tears, smells, rips, not faded).
    Never wrecked, clean carfax.
    Untinted windows (no old shit to peel off)
    Nice Fusion ZR1's (they look nice at least) 225/50/16's lots of tread, on stock silver rims. Drives great in the rain.
    Original manual, and plastic key included!

I drive it like a granny seriously - I've never rev'd it to 6k. She feels great to about 5k, and then feels like it's wheez'n out,,,but I never push it. New intake and headers where my plan for it.

I have some good pics, but not with me at the moment - pm me for pics. The car drives very very smooth on the hwy. Steering feels great, no vibrations. Right now I find myself needing a truck more and more. Plus these cars are a handful to maintain, and I need something I can rely on for work. She's my daily driver right now, and I've maintained her pretty well, I've only put about 4k miles on her since acquiring. I drive it from Boca to Miami at least once a week, no problems. All fluids except brake is fresh since I've owned (fluid appears fine to me).

Title is free and clear, and in hand - with only my name on it.
    It was a mech.'s lien and he did not have the title when I bought it, but had all the necessary paperwork to lay claim to the car. I took it all to the DMV, and a couple hundred $$$ later I had a brand new title.

ASKING $1500 - I've put more than that into the car so far, but I realize what it is, and what I'd pay for it.

edit - just replaced coolant burp tank (air separator), no leaks! Runs good. (Many thanks to hppwdn!)

I have a replacement alternator (just an extra), starter, vris solenoids, pwr window internals, dash vents, KL fuel rails with injectors, and some other parts coming from another member next week that will go in,,,or with the car depending if I sell it by then.

She's a fun car, and like working on her, and all the AWESOME support in this area, but right now in my life I just don't have the time for it, and only one parking spot!

Other than what I described, she's STOCK.

I will move this to the general for sale area eventually, but wanted to keep in the SFL family if possible. (sorry Mods if I messed up) So pm for pics or other details. Ready to sell asap. Not listing the car anywhere else for now.

Sorry for the WAR and PEACE description

Andy

PICS:
    http://s906.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20PGT%205spd/
    ..car needs a wash, wheels are dirty!
    ..just noticed the hood looks misaligned above the pass headlight, just went and checked, that's due to the bolts of the NEW struts I put in ever-so lightly touching the hood when closed. I might grind those down at work this week. Otherwise the hood fits perferctly.
    Last edited by ZenPGT94; October 19, 2009, 06:19 AM.

*bloop*
    Last edited by ZenPGT94; October 27, 2009, 03:04 PM. Reason: cause i wanna

Comment

Still thinking about selling it? I may have a coworker interested in it for her son. Can you post some pics? We might be able to look at it tomorrow after work, not sure about her schedule.

92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
      HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
      Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video, Dyno Video
      As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Comment

Still thinking about it
        Pics link should work above, here it is = http://s906.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20PGT%205spd/

PM'd u about my current schedule - let me know.

Comment

Just realized I've owned my pgt for an entire year exaccary!!!!!

Still my DD, takes me everywhere.

Just replaced all the power window guts, everything works. New roller guide thingys, no more floppy windows! Life sucked with only one working window. (a/c works, but i never use it)

Comment

Im interested in this GT for sure, I may seem new to PT, but Ive been around for years, so most of the people know me. If you would, could you please send a PM to me with contact info, I would lik to discuss our options. Thanks.

-Nick-

~ps~
            This wouldbe my 3rd probe
            Last edited by nick_ouellette; October 14, 2009, 07:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            No car, no home, no job

Comment

Car is still available.

Might cut someone a deal if they grab it this weekend. Mother nature's giving her an awesome wash right now.

Comment

Anyone else check to see if their heat still works this morning? MINE DOES!
                brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

$1k - anyone???

Comment

Originally posted by ZenPGT94 View Post
                    $1k - anyone???
                    Im going with my friend to pick this car up. I told him all the work was done by jorge and that you werent bsing when you said it had all the work done. After he gos and does his test and we make a boost leak tester we are going to come by so he can drive it. But I know once he does he will pick it up for 1k! thats a great deal!!
                    The come back kid
                    96 Ford Probe Turboed 12.202 @ 118.74 R.I.P
                    97 Mx-6 all motor 13.7 @ 98 parted out
                    88 Mx-6 Turbo Classic 14.5@93 SOLD
                    93 323 hatchV6 turbo! To be announced

Comment

Coolness - I really appreciate the good word! We spoke this evening, and he said he'll be swinging by early tomorrow to look at her.

It's great timing - I just drove back from Tampa after scoring my '02 MGT this evening. Well,,,I closed the deal I should say,,,car had a massive exhaust leak, and the hood pop handle was busted,,so the dealership is fixing it, and bringing the car to me (across the state) early next week. Can't freak'n wait!

Comment

car's still available - $1k!

Comment

Working...
                        X