Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car/Cruise hangouts??

What's up everyone...

Ok, so in efforts to meet some new people and make a few guy friends, I started thinking of what would be a good time. I know in California, one of the big things was getting a bunch of people together to hang out now and then. Usually you could always find a crowd of car people, bike people, etc hanging at a Starbucks somewhere... Usually a Friday night thing, after work for a couple hours before everyone went to the bars, parties, home, etc...

So, anything like that around here? Or would anyone be interested in doing something like that? I know I'd definitely be down to meet up, hang for a little bit, talk cars, movies, bars, whatever..

Basically, I'm home for months at a time with nothing to do all day. My girl works 5 days a week, so I'm bored a lot of the time. Aside from renovating our condo, I don't do much (until we buy a house here pretty soon, then I'll be renovating again)...

Anyone? thoughts? Locations??
    2014 BMW 328d Luxury Line- Mineral White/Saddle Brown Leather, Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, car seats inside

2012 BMW X3 35i M Sport- Traded

2003 BMW 330i ZHP- Alpine White/Natural Brown Montana Leather, Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, Certified Dinan Stage III, car seats inside

2004 BMW 330i ZHP- Totaled

i am down as long as its a night or day i dont got to work or go to aviation school. there is a place called US27 which is on the west of pembroke pines area. every friday night and saturday night there are bunch of cars that come out and post up at the gas station ( my cousins) and they all race out there..

Comment

Holy CRap when did you move out here???

The is always Towers every Friday, which I was thinking of going this weekend but may not since I will be out of town.

Go to http://www.cruisinsouthflorida.com/ and there is a shitload of car shows coming up which I am going with the truck...
      Artist, Writer, Photographer, Video Producer, Daddy!

Official Facebook page for Me, Myself and I

Comment

There's a few regular meets around town, we'll fill ya in on everything Saturday on the way up to the Orlando meet. The glory days of the Thursday night Hooters meet have passed but there's still stuff going on.
        Last edited by hppwdn; January 14, 2010, 08:22 AM.

92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
        HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
        Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video, Dyno Video
        As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Comment

Towers sounds great! I've been there a couple times before, but never seen anything with a KL-Series engine only other Mazda's ( 2nd & 3rd Gen Rx7's).
          95PGT-5spd w/LongTubePacessetterFlangeTypew/2.5"Piping/MagnaflowDualTipExhaust/S.Shifterw/PolyInserts,RR.racingM.M.Inserts/FidanzaFly/Stg.2Clutch w/ssLine,VRISdelete/MildPort/Mili.S-injectorsw/CustomDualFeedFuelLine/AeromotiveFPR/MSDwiresw/NGK-IridiumSparkPlugs/ChippedECU/LightweigtCrankPulley/HOWE-AluminumRadiatorw/3000cfmPermaCoolFans/CorkSportTypeCS-Lip/MaxspeedCoilovers/19"Staggeredw/Perilli-PZeroTires/07Mazda6FrontBrakes.

Comment

yeah tower seems perfect! friday nights! i go there often

Comment

Originally posted by hppwdn View Post
              There's a few regular meets around town, we'll fill ya in on everything Saturday on the way up to the Orlando meet. The glory days of the Thursday night Hooters meet have passed but there's still stuff going on.
              what orlando meet??
              black 94 probe gt-on 5lbs boost - t3/t4 50trim dynoed at 210hp & 194 tq on fmu

Comment

Originally posted by maac0953 View Post
                what orlando meet??
                This Orlando meet.
                PhotoPOC(tm)
                MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
                93' PGT not stock
                91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

Wow, such a good response! Stoked!!

George...dude...really?!?? I started making the move in May, and some of my stuff is still in California waiting to follow me out here... I know I haven't posted much because I've been out of the whole car game for so long. I met a girl this past year at the Superbowl in Tampa.. We're engaged now...
                  2014 BMW 328d Luxury Line- Mineral White/Saddle Brown Leather, Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, car seats inside

2003 BMW 330i ZHP- Alpine White/Natural Brown Montana Leather, Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, Certified Dinan Stage III, car seats inside

Comment

I am most likely going to the Coconut creek show tomorrow...

http://www.cruisinsouthflorida.com/2...conutCreek.htm

If you and your girl ever wants to go GhostHunting, let me know you can be our guests. I own one of Florida's most reputable Paranormal Team and have been featured on a few TV news stories.
                    http://www.team-phenomenon.com
                    Last edited by CrimSon_ReD; January 16, 2010, 10:30 AM.
                    Artist, Writer, Photographer, Video Producer, Daddy!

Official Facebook page for Me, Myself and I

Comment

Nice man.... As for tomorrow, I'm way too beat from going up to Daytona and then Orlando yesterday. Definitely no more driving for a few days... As for being your guest to go ghost hunting, dude, thanks for the invite, but HELL NO. I'm 29 years old and I'm scared of the dark... Ghost hunting is NOT something I want to do...

Comment

Is anybody going to towers tonight, cuz i'm planning to go today. So far three friends are going including a g35, rx7 II, and my pgt.
                        95PGT-5spd w/LongTubePacessetterFlangeTypew/2.5"Piping/MagnaflowDualTipExhaust/S.Shifterw/PolyInserts,RR.racingM.M.Inserts/FidanzaFly/Stg.2Clutch w/ssLine,VRISdelete/MildPort/Mili.S-injectorsw/CustomDualFeedFuelLine/AeromotiveFPR/MSDwiresw/NGK-IridiumSparkPlugs/ChippedECU/LightweigtCrankPulley/HOWE-AluminumRadiatorw/3000cfmPermaCoolFans/CorkSportTypeCS-Lip/MaxspeedCoilovers/19"Staggeredw/Perilli-PZeroTires/07Mazda6FrontBrakes.

Comment

Sorry man, I have class at 9am, I'm staying home with the girl tonight... We're spending the night at home...

Comment

i would have went if you asked this a lil earlier

Comment

Next time I'll try to advise a lil earlier, but it just came up w/a phone call from friends. I'm down to go whenever though, it would also be cool to visit the big car meet at the Shell Gas Station on route 27 after Towers! The earlier the better though, cuz of the cops.
                              Last edited by PRD24V; January 24, 2010, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X