Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official SCPOC November Meet: deyan's I4 to ze in 2 1/2 day project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plus chavez forgot to mention, that this is how i feel as well. so its more like how WE (me and chavez) feel about this. thats why we are askin other to give a hand as well. casue tryin to have deyans car runnin with the new motor in 2 1/2 days is kinda short amunt of time.

plus who's gonna be our sevant me and mike (like go get me a soda cause my hands are dirty ) deyan??
    Last edited by mazda_mx6_turbo; November 3, 2004, 12:09 AM.
    RED 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 you can say it's the MX6 replacement.
    Blue 2004 Mazda 6s Wagon passed on to Mom
    RED 89 MAZDA MX6 GT turbo SOLD but still missed.

Comment

• Well maybe i will just sit on the sidelines....

Another thing.. no bullshit... tempers or shit like that. I dont have the temper for any hot heads during this thing.
      Got boost?
      2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #695
      Few tweaks but effectively stock. Going over two weeks without repairs... so amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by mac1
        it took Pizzi and I almost 3 full day to swap out his engine from the wrecker. icluding some other parts and pieces. but the dash is project on it's own. the car needs to stripped the f.....down to a chassis with windows. for both cars mostly. i'm not kidding. 3 people can not get this done on there own. we needs most everybody's help to get another probe member running strong. so i hope you guys are'nt just saying your gonna help. please just pick up a wrench or screwdriver and start removing shit. i'm sacraficing myself quite bit considering i do this shit all week and then to go do a 3 day engine swap in my time off for nothing in return but knowing i did another charity to a fellow member who really needs our help. my co-workers call me crazy for doing stuf like this on my days off but i do it for the good of the club.

p.s. i'm not angry or anything just want you guys to know how i feel
        I think this is awesome of you guys to pool together like this..and as I said before, if I'm able, I'd be more than willing to help as I can. But chances are, I won't be making it down there until Monday. On a side note, how will everything mount up going from a 2.0 to a ZE? I don't know if any information was posted in this thread already, but it doesn't sound too common of a swap. I was wondering if that was for a reason.

Good luck either way. I'm sure everything will be just fine.
        Sheera - 1993 Probe GT Black (MTX) KLZE - Sold *sigh*
        Former ( ) BABlackPGTPOC member. Represent.
        Nicole - 2005 Black SRT-4 - Mods and pictures

Comment

• Originally posted by mac1
          it took Pizzi and I almost 3 full day to swap out his engine from the wrecker. icluding some other parts and pieces. but the dash is project on it's own. the car needs to stripped the f.....down to a chassis with windows. for both cars mostly. i'm not kidding. 3 people can not get this done on there own. we needs most everybody's help to get another probe member running strong. so i hope you guys are'nt just saying your gonna help. please just pick up a wrench or screwdriver and start removing shit. i'm sacraficing myself quite bit considering i do this shit all week and then to go do a 3 day engine swap in my time off for nothing in return but knowing i did another charity to a fellow member who really needs our help. my co-workers call me crazy for doing stuf like this on my days off but i do it for the good of the club.

p.s. i'm not angry or anything just want you guys to know how i feel
          Friday we'll have Rammi, Trevor, Deyan, myself and possibly Damon that's 5 not 3 If we leave my place by 8am will be there at 9:30am. Here is a suggestion, while we are waiting for the engine to cool down we start on both dashes. Maybe even start on the suspension at the same time too. Then go from there.

Rammi are you driving your car up too? I've got a main ground Groundz wire for you. EvilProbe measured it out. Remind me about it when you see me. I'll give it to you then.

Comment

• Originally posted by deyan
            I checked Mobil 1 today, and thats how much it was.
            if its 4 bucks then thats good.
            just make sure that whatever oil you get is GL-4 rated. i cannot possibly stress this enough.

Originally posted by Nechronius
            I'm with you man. You can count on my steel.
            thank you hattori.

nice 'shining' reference jin.

and check out rami on this 'we' crap. like he's actually going to be doing something other than giving us his unsolicited opinions on how easy it was for him to yank out the motor in his mx-6.

deyan asked me to take care of the brake swap and that's what i plan on doing. the only thing that really needs to be done is that the car is secured on heavy duty jack stands before we start with any lifting or wrenching of the innards.

todd and i can tell you all firsthand how much of a bitch it is to take the dashpad off.

<mumbles something about marty under my breath>
            ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• Cool Damon, I'll make sure its GL-4

I'll try and get Redline, I'll look around and see how much it is. I know Mike also has some left over.
              96 MX6 LS PTE preped
              96 Probe GT (Sold)
              93 KLZE Base Probe (Sold)

Comment

• I'm sending my car in for repair today. The sop across from me can do the regulator swap for about $200.00. I have to get it fixed since it's going to rain this weekend.
                Gil - '06 Z51 A6 C6
                K&N CAI w/Open Shroud & Halltech Beehive
                Port matched intake manifold/exhaust
                Dual X-pipe conversion to Z06 HiFlow
                Diablo Sport ECU/TCM Tuned

Comment

• Originally posted by deyan
                  Cool Damon, I'll make sure its GL-4

I'll try and get Redline, I'll look around and see how much it is. I know Mike also has some left over.
                  You know, I DO have those 4 quarts of redline D4 ATF for $10... It's GL-4 rated...

However my conscience would tell me to tell you to get 2 quarts of MT90 and 1 quart of MTL instead since that's closer to factory spec than the D4 ATF.
                  Jin "Time Traveler" Kim
                  chrono@chrono.org
                  http://www.chrono.org
                  '95 PGT own
                  '06 Mazdaspeed 6
                  '13 Evolution GSR
                  '90/'91 PGT owned

Comment

• but the window is allready up. why pay. QUOTE=starr_719]I'm sending my car in for repair today. The sop across from me can do the regulator swap for about $200.00. I have to get it fixed since it's going to rain this weekend.[/QUOTE]
                    1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                    1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                    2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                    2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                    1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

• cool one less thing to woory about[QUOTE=dmark101]

deyan asked me to take care of the brake swap and that's what i plan on doing. the only thing that really needs to be done is that the car is secured on heavy duty jack stands before we start with any lifting or wrenching of the innards.

Comment

• dont worry about that, you know me. i dont get angry quite easily. i usually dont need a swear jar either.
                        Originally posted by desertfox1313
                        Well maybe i will just sit on the sidelines....

Another thing.. no bullshit... tempers or shit like that. I dont have the temper for any hot heads during this thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmark101
                          and check out rami on this 'we' crap. like he's actually going to be doing something other than giving us his unsolicited opinions on how easy it was for him to yank out the motor in his mx-6.
                          well u know damon, me and mike will be doing more work than anyone else that will be showing up that day. and not to mention that im taking a day off work just to go to lancaster and help deyan. and knowing that right now im not workin except saturdays becasue of my school schedual. so i asked for a day off for the only day i work now during school. and u think my boss liked that?? so at least give me some credit for that rather than tryin to make fun of it.
                          Last edited by mazda_mx6_turbo; November 3, 2004, 11:55 AM.
                          RED 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 you can say it's the MX6 replacement.
                          Blue 2004 Mazda 6s Wagon passed on to Mom
                          RED 89 MAZDA MX6 GT turbo SOLD but still missed.

Comment

• See here the attitudes start....
                            And rami... i will be here too... and while i am not a mechanic by trade that doesnt mean i am useless..... so stop trying to put yourself up on a pedistal eh?
                            Just hush, and we will all do what we can come friday-sunday
                            And there isnt no swear jar at myhouse
                            Originally posted by mazda_mx6_turbo
                            well u know damon, me and mike will be doing more work than anyone else that will be showing up that day. and not to mention that im taking a day off work just to go to lancaster and help deyan. and knowing that right now im not workin except saturdays becasue of my school schedual. so i asked for a day off for the only day i work now during school. and u think my boss liked that?? so at least give me some credit for that rather than tryin to make fun of it.
                            Got boost?
                            Few tweaks but effectively stock. Going over two weeks without repairs... so amazing.

Comment

• It's supposed to rain this week and weekend and my window doesn't close. There is an inch gap all the way around.
                              Gil - '06 Z51 A6 C6
                              K&N CAI w/Open Shroud & Halltech Beehive
                              Port matched intake manifold/exhaust
                              Dual X-pipe conversion to Z06 HiFlow
                              Diablo Sport ECU/TCM Tuned

Comment

• haha, never heard bout any rain this weekend.....

If anyone has one of those ez up covers that might be a good idea to have.... since the parts car will prolly be no the driveway uncovered.

Originally posted by starr_719
                                It's supposed to rain this week and weekend and my window doesn't close. There is an inch gap all the way around.
                                Got boost?

Comment

Working...
                                X