Timming Mark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timming Mark

Got everything finished today, (the last 3 days I've had really bad migraines did'nt even touch the car), tried to to start start it and..... no go Timming was way off. I got new timming belt covers and a new crank position sensor, (the other one was shreaded from the belt rubbing on it).

I have all the stuff alligned now and just want to make sure that the crank pulley is where it's supposed to be. The CD says to have it one notch past the timming make that's where I believe it is. Here is a pic http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/2...e/DSCN1151.JPG

It's all going back together tomorrow

no, that's incorrect.

the timing mark the manual is referring to is located BEHIND the crank pulley. it's only supposed to be one tooth off when installing a new belt.
    ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Originally posted by dmark101
      no, that's incorrect.

the timing mark the manual is referring to is located BEHIND the crank pulley. it's only supposed to be one tooth off when installing a new belt.
      That mark isn't the same place as the one behind the crank pulley WTF is it for then

**** I'm screwd I can't see the mark behind the pulley because I can't get the ****er off. God Damnit

Well I'll see you guys at the next meet then. Because I won't be able to make it untill this bitch is finished. If that's not the mark I don't know how the **** I'm supposed to do this since I can't see the friggin mark behind the pulley Damnit!

Comment

well, if chavez can confirm this with the spare engines he has lying around, i think the timing mark on the pulley is the SAME as the timing mark on the crank gear.

IF this is the case, then all you have to do is line that timing mark UP and at the center (ie, when the timing mark is at the top of the circle, not at TDC)

of course, having the pulley mark at TDC could be the right spot.

all of this depends on whether or not chavez can confirm this.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Anyone have the answer about this

Comment

awwwww jeeeeeeeeeez. it continues. The timing mark on the gear is proportional to the one on the pulley. if you cant see the mark on the gear then temporarily install the left timing belt cover and aling the pulley to tdc and go counter clockwise 1 tooth. Then go from there, and take me seriousely on what i said in my previous post instructing you to jam a socket when you install the tiing belt on the gear to keep from jumping a tooth. put it on the rightside when looking straight at it. Because your going to have to turn the crank back to tdc and when you do this the bel will jump a tooth on the gear. That's what the socket is there for. If the pulley was off you could jam it under the gear but not in this case.

In Nike's words...............JUST DO IT!
            1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
            1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
            2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
            2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
            1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

so, mike, you're saying that aligning the crank pulley mark to TDC on the timing belt cover would mean that the crank gear is aligned to its timing mark.

that sound about right?

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

We'll find out tomorrow after school. Thanks for the wise ass answer Mike

got it all hooked up and started it today started right up and sounds good I believe the timming is right on.

I just have to finish hooking up all the little things like the covers and stuff. then it's done. I'm going to install the MS8 ZE intake manifold tomorrow along wth the rear powder coated valve cover Just in time for the auto-x and the meet on sunday
                Last edited by Robot#666; February 10, 2006, 10:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                X