Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General meet ideas, please read and post your ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General meet ideas, please read and post your ideas.

Ok, with whats been mentioned in other threads, post up meet ideas.
    Post up things you would like to do, or see done as meets. For some things, (twisties and the like) locations might not be so necessary. But for things where a location might be important please feel free to list it. For example go to a race at Willow Springs so and and so fourth.
    You can post ideas that you are not so great on, but generally I would say only post ideas you like, or would be willing to attend.

Common meet ideas:
    -Dyno day (requires people not flaking and some money)
    -Track day (see dyno day and multiply by 20)
    -Twisty
    -BBQ/Hangout
    -Movie night
    -Oktoberfest
    -Car Shows (FFF & QM)
    -Mod day (locations willing to trust people required)
    -Going to lil kart tracks
    -Events like Mazda "Rev it up" Not sure if anyone holds these anymore.
    -Museums and events/conventions; for example comic cons, or LA Autoshow, Starwars events. Hell im a nerd and proud of it, gimme some good DND anyday .
    -Racing/driving schools, can be pricey but with enough planning they could be more then fun.
    -Good old hangout nights, if they are planned in advance even I might be able to make a few.
    Got boost?
    2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #695
    Few tweaks but effectively stock. Going over two weeks without repairs... so amazing.

I'm planning on having a day at Poles Position. They are located in Corona and it's tons of fun and then after that maybe like a move or mod day or dinner.
    96PGTZE~GREDDY~MAGNAFLOW~ACT
    FIDANZA~WILWOOD~AWR~RR-RACING~HS~OUTLAW
    PRD~MSD-WINDOWS~TEIN-SS~RX-8~ALPINE

Comment

Anything sounds good really

hopeful closer then north la
      dyno day as long as i got time in advance to make sure i got the money
      mod day.. bring your own tools hire a security guard and Closed circut tv? j/k
      movie night... drive in maybe? then dinner at a dennys afterwards?

not fond of the beach but lets do it!!
      My Probe: 1990 gl
      DD probe AKA "junky" :1994 GT KLDE Mods: CAI,
      Mods from the Junkyard :2.5'' catback, sTs and poly bushings, front strut bar, 17 lbs flywheel, MX6 5 speed, shredded timing belt

Comment

What do you guys like doing with the probe? Driving it, parking it and looking at it, working on it, racing it, etc?
        2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
        2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

I think something as simple as a detail day would be cool. Detail and dinner.

I was thinking about seeing who would be interested in a fishing charter. It would be only 4-6 people or so, depending on the boat. I think it would be a blast but the down side is it wouldn't involve the club as a whole.

Shawn
          Life is a class room, every day is a lesson.
          IC1(SW) Satterfield, US Navy
          "Home of the free because of the brave "

Comment

Originally posted by apinn_25
            I think something as simple as a detail day would be cool. Detail and dinner.

I was thinking about seeing who would be interested in a fishing charter. It would be only 4-6 people or so, depending on the boat. I think it would be a blast but the down side is it wouldn't involve the club as a whole.

Shawn
            shawn thats a great idea... not to expensive either... but from my experience its best to have atleast 8-10 people to ensure you have enough to charter the boat with just your group if you dont have enough people and dont tell the boat company ahead of time what day they wont even have the captain come in that day ( its happened to me a couple times )

dan
            Mods from the Junkyard :2.5'' catback, sTs and poly bushings, front strut bar, 17 lbs flywheel, MX6 5 speed, shredded timing belt

Comment

Yes, you can charter a boat for a private party vice walk-ons. But it will be a bit more expensive. A group of 8-10 would be nice. I haven't taken the time to see what the average rates are here but we would charter a boat in Pensacola at least a couple times a year. I think this would be a blast (I love fishing!).

EDIT: I just looked at a few sights for deep sea charters here in SD. To charter a boat that holds 20 for a 1/2 day trip would be $2000-3000. To charter a boat that hold 6 would be just over $600-700. Some places will include tackle and fishing permit but the price will be more.

Shawn
              Last edited by apinn_25; August 22, 2007, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Fishing, dyno, race and track days are all great ideas. would love to attend, possibly one day. probably out of my feasible abilities anytime too soon, being the financial and busy schedule state i am in, currently.

half days, such as a twisty mountain run, a bbq, a hangout meet or something similar, fit a bit better for me. i almost NEVER have a full day to devote to one thing anymore. half this, half studio. half that, half work. half whatever, half a million other things i gotta do.

my meet suggestion idea includes what us florida boys used to do, somewhat regularly, or even spur-of-the-moment, sporadically. in florida, there is a place called "Ale House" that has many locations, and was more than just a bar, it had pool tables, video games, great food and a very nice, family/college atmosphere. and most importantly, good drink prices.

how about having an un-official meet, once a month, to get together, drink/eat and hangout and kick it, in a nice atmosphere? therefore, club meets and stuff could be discussed, friendship could grow and a fun time could be had. once a month, in a different area each month. meaning, this month in downtown/west la area. next month, valley/ventura area. following month, san diego area. next, east la/riverside area... etc. not necessarily in that order, just a thought.

drinking/eating optional. attendance optional. having fun... well, not optional. maybe this could help build stronger club relations and/or friendships in those areas, and major meet attendance numbers could rise, as smaller hangouts become more regular. these nights don't have to be secluded to drinking or bars, they could also include a movie, maybe kick it at someones house, playing video games and hanging out...

places with good pitcher prices and even better food, are often better choices for most. my idea. thoughts welcome.
                95 Probe Gt Ze - "Blackmobile"
                93 MR2 Turbo - Black, jdm 3sgte

Comment

That sounds like a decent idea. Some "hang out" time. Male bonding sort of sh!t.

Comment

That sounds like a decent idea. Some "hang out" time. Male bonding sort of sh!t.
                    yup. good beer n food helps. nights are easier to make it to, for a couple hours, versus a full day, too...
                    95 Probe Gt Ze - "Blackmobile"
                    93 MR2 Turbo - Black, jdm 3sgte

Comment

Originally posted by euphoriasonic
                      yup. good beer n food helps. nights are easier to make it to, for a couple hours, versus a full day, too...
                      woo male bonding. ... what about the lady POC members? they can come too

lets get out nails did!
                      sorry couldnt help it.. just went throigh sexual harrassment and discrimination training for work!

dan

Comment

I think that idea is better suited for members in your specific area. Meaning that I doubt many, if anyone, would be willing to drive up to teh LA area just for hanging out. Like wise, a SD get together would most likely have just SD members there. Just being realistic.

Comment

I think that idea is better suited for members in your specific area. Meaning that I doubt many, if anyone, would be willing to drive up to teh LA area just for hanging out. Like wise, a SD get together would most likely have just SD members there. Just being realistic.
                          yeah but if a SD meet happened it would give us a chance to whoop some butts and drag people to scheduled meets right?? and vise versa?

area specific hang out meets isnt that bad of an idea.. get to know the SCPOC around you make everyone more comfortabel around eachother.. then cruise to main SCPOC meets.. pretty sure i would have never gone to a SCPOC meet if i hadnt met up with some SD locals.. or helped with the engine install.. im a shy guy.. and it helps having someone you know go with you to meets that are organized..

just a thought... guilt trip me into making it to some meets. along with other folks?
                          Last edited by 94PGTKLDE; August 23, 2007, 08:28 AM.

Comment

well, since someone mentioned it, stacey and i have a particular sports bar/billiards place up in the city of orange that we really like. rami, chavez and i think pizzi and todd might have been there before.

it's a good place to hang out and have a good time. there are a couple of places up in my neck of the woods like that too. one of them in arcadia comes to mind. nice little italian place that has a pool table.

up to you guys. i like just hanging out.
                            ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

I thought thats why we have a poll to see what we wante to do. Now when the time comes we just submit ideas in a poll and vote away.

I like track days, gambling drag racing. Dyno's, Beer. anything if I'm off or my car is up and running.
                              1989 GT, heavily modded....

Comment

Working...
                              X