I purchased the flying tomato, now a dependable daily driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I purchased the flying tomato, now a dependable daily driver

With so many constant issues with my black ze gt, i couldn't depend on it any longer. i was losing jobs, always late for work, and without a car too much in LA.

i was very fortunate and happy to find a dependable replacement car, for a daily driver. that which used to be the red "flying tomato", is now my new 4cyl probe, as a daily driver. its running good, getting some door panels, got a cd player in it, and has gotten me back to work on time lately...

thanks to eric, for the sale of my new, dependable ride, and consistent help with my vehicle issues. much appreciated, man.

that means i might be able to make an up-coming meet soon, then... maybe, if my schedule permits, i'm almost ALWAYS booked in the studio on the weekends.

i'll get some pics up on my cardomain page, and update it. got the chromy swirly wheels, might put my stock swirly wheels on it... sell those chromie swirly wheels, if anyone is interested?!?!
    Last edited by euphoriasonic; October 16, 2007, 04:35 PM.
    95 Probe Gt Ze - "Blackmobile"
    93 MR2 Turbo - Black, jdm 3sgte

Take care of it Chris, it has scpoc history
    96PGTZE~GREDDY~MAGNAFLOW~ACT
    FIDANZA~WILWOOD~AWR~RR-RACING~HS~OUTLAW
    PRD~MSD-WINDOWS~TEIN-SS~RX-8~ALPINE

Comment

Originally posted by unknowncitizen
      Take care of it Chris, it has scpoc history
      i certainly shall...

so when can we limp the gt down to your house, and start slowly pulling it out of its grave?!?

Comment

The famous flying tomato, Lino's old car. Keep the chrome swirlies on there!
        06 Evo IX, SSL - 417 HP / 418 TQ Stock Turbo
        92 Galant VR-4 -#802/1000 GT3076, Robispec KW V3 / 94 Miata M-Edition - Stock
        89 MX6 GT 4WS SOLD 89 PGT R.I.P
        93 PGT /93 PGT-SOLD/89 PGT-R.I.P. /96 PGT R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by KINGMARTY03
          The famous flying tomato, Lino's old car. Keep the chrome swirlies on there!
          well, i don't want a perfectly awesome set of chrome swirlies stolen or damaged! And me parking on random streets in LA every day, they could easily be stolen or damaged, on cubs with parallel parking. i have an extra set of reg swirlies, from my stock gt that aren't the most perfect condition. i'd like the less attention, and to give someone who wants the chrome swirlies, a good home...

so soon, i'd like to give those chrome swirlies to someone who could use them well, versus my daily driver circumstances... anyone interested?

Comment

they won't be stolen. i've parked out in LA many, many times and my car has NEVER been touched.

if you're serious about getting rid of them, i might be interested.

IIRC, lino had intrax springs and tokico premium [blues] struts on the car, not to mention an STS. do not get rid of those seat covers. they were not cheap and lino had them made for the car.

i'm sure there are some other mods lino did with the car when he still had it. just do us a HUGE favor and TAKE GOOD CARE OF IT. that car has participated in many original SCPOC events, including the very first Mod Days [before everyone started calling them that].
            ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Chris....just drive that GT back over here and I'll fix it right up.
              '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
              '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
              '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSquid
                Chris....just drive that GT back over here and I'll fix it right up.
                sure squid. i'll see ya real soon... be there in, an hour?

miss ya man, hows it goin? been busy as hella outta here. secured myself a job with a good production company now, as well as now have a studio in west LA, i work out of too. moving forward. just never have time, always workin. guess i can't complain...

**As far as the car being safe in LA, i don't trust it. I'd rather see the chrome wheels go to someone who could use them. My black GT has been messed with several times. never broken into, but the locks on both sides have been tampered with, and someone threw a piece of sidewalk concrete at three cars' windshields on Beverly Blvd one night, one of them being mine... and i can't count the number of scratches and dings i've received from parallel parking out here, either - not because of my parking jobs.

So anyway... I will certainly treat the car as well as I possibly can. The drivers side seat and seat cover are both torn up from wear (before i got it), and the seat is crooked a bit, so it's a little uncomfortable. I'll be replacing the drivers seat, and hopefully will get a stock red one to match the original red interior.

Needs new axles and an alignment, it pulls hard to the sides. i'll be fixing that, as well as getting the clutch replaced, very soon. Otherwise, car is great. love it
                Last edited by euphoriasonic; October 17, 2007, 10:00 AM.

Comment

hmm. sounds like eric hasn't done anything to the car.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Yup, never did anything to the car but smog it, register it and let my bro drive it to work. Great on gas milage i'll tell you what.
                    96PGTZE~GREDDY~MAGNAFLOW~ACT
                    FIDANZA~WILWOOD~AWR~RR-RACING~HS~OUTLAW
                    PRD~MSD-WINDOWS~TEIN-SS~RX-8~ALPINE

Comment

i still think the wheels should stay on the car. they used to belong to the very first president of this club.

you worry too much.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Originally posted by dmark101
                        you worry too much.
                        don't get me wrong, i think the chrome swirlies and gt package on the car looks good, esp with the nice chrome exhaust. i'm just really white, chrome is too flashy for me. cops like to watch me as i speed... that's just extra attention, i don't need. i've just never felt comfortable, sportin' chrome wheels. not my style.

and it's so funny. nobody really tried to race me much in the Blackmobile. in this red, chromy car, everybody on the road comes up next to me and revs their engine now, next to me... like i should race them. and i just look at them. cuz it's a 4 cyl. with a slipping clutch. there's no way i'm racing anybody in this car. even funnier, is the cars that want to race me, with a good clutch, i could probably still keep up with them. but i don't. i have no desire what-so-ever to move that fast in this car.

so if for some reason, the chrome wheels do get jacked one day in LA... don't yell at me. i warned ya'll. i will eventually like to put my stock 95 swirlies on, that are not chrome. i think it will be a nicer, more subtle look for the car. may sell or may just hold onto the chrome wheels, and put them back on the car, when i pass the car along to the next person that needs a good running probe. i don't plan on keeping the 4cyl forever. eventually i'd like my gtze fixed, and a small truck or suv for equipment needs.
                        Last edited by euphoriasonic; October 18, 2007, 10:16 AM.

Comment

I still hate Lino for blasting his funky horn in the tunnel leading to the Monterey Bay Aquarium

That car was flawless!
                          90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
                          93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
                          97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
                          90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

LOL. i had forgotten he had the air horn.

that reminds me. i have to install mine.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Originally posted by dmark101
                              LOL. i had forgotten he had the air horn.

that reminds me. i have to install mine.
                              the stock horn doesn't work... maybe it's just a fuse?

Comment

Working...
                              X