Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds good. What camera?
    89 PGT: Garrett t3, FMIC, MS, 460cc, 2.5"TBE, other stuff, in pieces
    92 Eclipse, 93 Talon, 90 Talon I break parts.
    91 Galant (705/2000) 'grocery getter'
    91 Galant (1346/2000) 'retired'
    "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" -

Comment

• dude, did you remove your charcoal canister?
      Check out all four probes!!!www.cardomain.com/id/bonedaddy95gtcheck out my progress
      95 GT,Gumetal, 96 harness swap w/ kll5 maf swap, UR UDP, MX-3 Fl,Razor hood, ,STS, CM stage 3, Dodge stealth quad lights
      93 GT Work in Progress.. black 17's, egay coilovers, rear seat delete, 0g batt relocate, headers, bare bones engine bay, no ac, no cruise, manual steering, HID celica headlights, lambo doors, remote start, suicide hood, g35 dual muffler, sensei kitted..

Comment

• Sorry jim, i have it @at the house, i got some $ to hopefully finish my car, just need time

Comment

• No biggie Jimmy. I think I have something else Ill need to take care of first. I think the turbo is on its way out.
          Jim K.
          :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• ...join the 60+mm club!!!

Comment

• did you get a girl pregnant jim?
              WHO DAT SAY GON' BEAT DEM SAINTS, WHO DAT WHO DAT!!!!!!!

THIS IS OUR STATE!! GO DAWGS!!!! MISSISSIPPI STATE FOR LIFE!!!

Comment

• I swear to god Im going to install my MS this weekend. I've been staring at the blasted thing sitting on my desk for too long. Once it is in, the long slow task of building a new engine harness will begin.
                Maybe.

Originally posted by Pumpkin King View Post
                dude, did you remove your charcoal canister?
                Yep. I broke it by accident years ago and never bothered to replace it.

The turbo seems fine. I looked a little closer into the turbo goofing up and it seems fine. The casting marks made it look like the compressor wheel touched the housing but theres no way it could have with the shaft play it has. (1/8 inch max) Im back on the Turboxs BOV since the HKS turned out to be a counterfeit and was acting erratically and failing to open completely.
                Also looking into new front control arm bushings. Trying to source poly bushings to eliminate the wandering during mild corning.
                Last edited by WhiteDart; May 16, 2012, 09:11 PM.
                Jim K.
                :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• so you didnt get a girl pregnant lol
                  WHO DAT SAY GON' BEAT DEM SAINTS, WHO DAT WHO DAT!!!!!!!

THIS IS OUR STATE!! GO DAWGS!!!! MISSISSIPPI STATE FOR LIFE!!!

Comment

• Lol! :'( I can't say that I'm not saddened tho....bigger turbo ftw Jim!!!!

Comment

• So the rain has given me a reason to let my back take a break for a little while. Been busy on Andy's projector project and installing my MS at the same time.
                      Installed the 36-1 as well as the sweet Hall sensor from DIY to allow for no tach noise. The Hall sensor also allows me to run the 36-1 without having to do any further mods to the MS box, other than the drivers for the coil pack, because the MS was originally built to run off the NE1 signal of a 93-94 or ZE disties before there was any other known way of getting a tach signal. Spent a good four hours on it yesterday. Built new wire ends for the coilpack (couldn't use my 10.2mm wires ) a relay controlled secondary fusebox for fused power to the coilpack and the Hall sensor, ran new vac line, coil driver output wire, made a bracket for the coilpack that also holds the disty hole plug in and looks neater than the klg4 bracket. She fired up on the second try last night, though it's a little rough. Don't have an ignition timing mark on the block yet to find where it is but its sounding a little retarded to me. Im temporarily using the old Millie IAT sensor since I misplaced mine and its already installed in the piping. Its only off by about 10 degrees so Ill live for now. I have to take an elbow to work to weld in the bung for the GM IAT anyway. Im not really sure where Im going to mount the MS box this time around since the airbag spot is taken up by the stereo now.

Piccies.
                      Coil drivers. BIP373's
                      http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...516122340a.jpg

The sweet Hall sensor from DIY. Only needs some minor modification and spacers to fit.
                      http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...520121905a.jpg

And the engine bay. It will slowly be cleaned up today and during the week. Don't wanna drive it till I figure the timing out. Yes, I know the MAF is still there. I don't have a pipe to take it's place yet.
                      http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0520121904.jpg
                      Last edited by WhiteDart; May 21, 2012, 12:56 PM.
                      Jim K.

Comment

• Looking good Jim!!!

Comment

• Got the oddball missfire figured out. Seems the suggested starting point of 3.0ms dwell is too high. The coils weren't getting hot or anything but I went with a hunch and dropped it to 2.5 and viola, smooth as glass. Now to get tweaking on this uber duber rich base map.
                          Last edited by WhiteDart; May 23, 2012, 07:47 AM.
                          Jim K.

Comment

• moaaaarrrr booossssstsssss!!!

Comment

• Not unless I get a stock motor in it. I've been toying with the idea of S rods in my original motor though...
                              Jim K.

Comment

• Bit of an update. Still doing tuning on the MS. Im a long way from being satisfied with it but its been going okay. Dont have a working tach yet. Everything I have tried has not worked and I REALLY dont want to resort to an aftermarket tach.
                                A pin broke off the back of the ECU plug which rendered the TPS inoperative so I pulled the MS out of hiding onto the passenger side floor and fixed it. I left it all out until I had a chance to stuff it back into the center in a day or two but I had a passenger the other day and he stepped on the ECU plug which broke the wires for the front bank of injectors.
                                Soooo having no other good option, the MS harness is now completely soldered into the cars harness which really bugs me since the cars harness is absolutely un touched, other than that. Going to pullapart tomorrow to start getting bits and pieces to build my new engine harness, which will consist of a total of I think 18 wires.

Still needing a clutch. 1st 2nd and 3rd gear holds okay to redline but you can feel it shudder just a tiny bit (slipping) near the end of third and then going into 4th under boost is pretty much useless.
                                Also gotta track down some poly control arm bushings to fix my wandering under acceleration.
                                Oh yeah, and I discovered two holes in the intercooler from when the IC got stuffed under the radiator support after and an encounter with the ground from a really steep street. Once I get a new one Ill be re doing all of the cold pipes at the same time.

And that's about it for now.
                                Jim K.

Comment

Working...
                                X