No announcement yet.

I are bored. My ever changing mods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh, not even a little bit. If this doesn't fix it, I may toss in some DE exhaust cams. Then it would be the same setup as on the old motor, aside from the 10:1. I LOVED that torque curve on my old motor.
    Jim K.
    :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

Soooooo....got torque?
      89 PGT: Garrett t3, FMIC, MS, 460cc, 2.5"TBE, other stuff, in pieces
      92 Eclipse, 93 Talon, 90 Talon I break parts.
      91 Galant (705/2000) 'grocery getter'
      91 Galant (1346/2000) 'retired'
      "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" -

Comment

Not yet. Ran out of time. Clutch job on SVTC FTL!

Next experiment on the MAF since boost is on the back burner: ram air. Surely the MAF will see the slight rise in IM pressure on the highway at 80+. Yet another reason to get my OBD software working.
        Jim K.
        :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

Ahh. Hmmmm I think ram air is pointless...please prove me wrong lol!

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteDart View Post
            Not yet. Ran out of time. Clutch job on SVTC FTL!

Next experiment on the MAF since boost is on the back burner: ram air. Surely the MAF will see the slight rise in IM pressure on the highway at 80+. Yet another reason to get my OBD software working.
            not a fun car to work on huh

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

and its csvt btw

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Originally posted by mx64life View Post
            Ahh. Hmmmm I think ram air is pointless...please prove me wrong lol!
            for the most part it is and a waste of time he will get like .05 hp , you cant go fast enough to get enough air to make it worth a dick
            Goal for 2007: get the mirage in the 11s

Comment

Im going to give it a shot just to see what the numbers say. Go WOT at 70-80 and see what the MAF reads and then try again with the ram. AFAIK no one has actually looked at numbers before trying this because the stock MAF doesnt read above 3/4 throttle.
              Of all the people that "say" its worthless, how many have hard physical evidence to back that up?

Funny thing about that contour, he was told by several people that it was impossible to change a clutch with the use of a lift. Funny, I didnt hear about this until the trans was sitting on the ground. FWIW one of the damper springs in the disk shattered and obliterated the disk and PP.
              Jim K.

Comment

Hmmmmm like the Spec in the Galant just did. Interesting.

Comment

Im going to give it a shot just to see what the numbers say. Go WOT at 70-80 and see what the MAF reads and then try again with the ram. AFAIK no one has actually looked at numbers before trying this because the stock MAF doesnt read above 3/4 throttle.
                  Of all the people that "say" its worthless, how many have hard physical evidence to back that up?

Funny thing about that contour, he was told by several people that it was impossible to change a clutch with the use of a lift. Funny, I didnt hear about this until the trans was sitting on the ground. FWIW one of the damper springs in the disk shattered and obliterated the disk and PP.
                  yea contours are not the most fun cars to work on

Comment

So I guess ill have to make a trip to PAP soon. I cant for the life of me remember where the hell I put my VRIS actuators.
                    Jim K.

Comment

In a drawer or on the shelf ?firewall?

Or you could look in the passenger floorboard of the jeep

Comment

Hmmmmm....PAP you say?

Comment

Originally posted by mx64life View Post
                          Hmmmmm....PAP you say?
                          penis around pooper its jims fav hang out spot

Comment

Sounds like someone is upset they only have Sly's junkyard to go to.

I have reason to believe that my Walbro pump was perfectly fine when it was removed. Prolly be tossing it back in a little later on down the road.
                            Jim K.

Comment

Sounds like someone is upset they only have Sly's junkyard to go to.

I have reason to believe that my Walbro pump was perfectly fine when it was removed. Prolly be tossing it back in a little later on down the road.
                              slys shut down a few years ago.. they opend a few pap in south gr. they arent as good as the ones in tn but they are getting better

Comment

Hey Jim, Thanks for the invite this weekend---sorry I couldn't make it. I still feel like crap! I was just looking through the post and wondered where did you get that strut bar?
                                1993 Probe GT, in the family since 1995.

Comment

Working...
                                X