I are bored. My ever changing mods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought you swapped that in months ago

How's she running? Any more odd things happen?

Comment

• Lol, who woulda thunk I can get new bushing for the sway bar from my work for free.
      I havent had time to swap that t-stat in but the car started to overheat when I was sitting idling for about 15 minutes last night. Im tired of it and I have no plans this weekend.
      Last edited by WhiteDart; November 21, 2010, 12:34 AM.
      Jim K.
      :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhiteDart View Post
        I have zero confidence in the ebay ones since I watched one blow up my friends motor due to boost spikes.

Oh yeah, turns out it was NOT the gate like i thought. Turns out it was my Prosport electric boost gauge. Soooo that means I ordered a diaphragm that I dont need.
        Yeah I would personally never use an ebay WG or BOV, one will blow up your motor and the other will blow up your Turbo.

I've run the Turbonetics DeltaGate (same one Jim has) and a Tial 38mm, either one are very good and I never had issues with either. I think I actually liked the Turbonetics better since you could adjust it a few PSI without swapping springs.

Gotta watch those boost gauges, I actually had 3 separate vac/boost signals and every now and then one would randomly change and read off a few PSI.
        95 Black Probe GT
        Currently being parted out.

Comment

• Everyone claims up and down that Prosport is great but I lost confidence in them. The ol' mechanical one does the job for now.
          The gate is still preforming flawlessly btw.

I got the sway bar mounts fixed. The original Addco bushings were utterly demolished and the stock brackets were trashed bad enough they had to be cut off. I like the new mounts 100% better than the stock ones.
          Old and busted: http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1121101638.jpg
          BEEF! http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1122101206.jpg
          Completed wh/ a bit of paint on the sway bar. http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1122101515.jpg
          No more rattles!

Still haven't done the thermostat.
          Jim K.
          :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• You still need to take me for a ride.
            93 Probe GT

Comment

• You know where Im at. Its a LOT quicker than the SCer ever thought about being.
              Last edited by WhiteDart; December 10, 2010, 08:37 PM.
              Jim K.

Comment

• While it might be a tad slower sc'ed, it sounded pure evil.

It was beautiful, and its a dam shame we didn't get a vid of the pull under the bridge.

The turbo spool is nice, but the screaming sc14 was epic

Comment

• It did make one helluva sound. Passing under that bridge at 5 grand barely holding traction was orgasmic.
                  I might make another video soon. The salt covered roads are quite humorous when trying to boost.

I know im going to jinx it but I have not messed with anything under the hood for almost a solid month.
                  Jim K.

Comment

• Put an LSD in it, that will help with traction.
                    95 Black Probe GT

Comment

• Thought about it but I would rather keep things simple and not drop $500+ bucks on a real LSD.
                      Jim K.

Comment

• It will easily give you $500+ worth of enjoyment and piece of mind.

It should also fix the first weak link in the tranny, the diff. I blew up my first diff shortly after turboing, that's why I bought the Quaife and I never had to worry about it again. That new one, which I can't remember right now, is probably how id go now since it's much cheaper and of a similar design.
                        My next suggestion would be to make sure all the bearings and cups are tight. My first rebuild was a little sloppy and that tranny only lasted about 6 months. The last one I made sure was tight, probably a little tighter then the manual suggested but It's run for several years.
                        95 Black Probe GT

Comment

• With the type of driving I do, trans breakage isnt much of a concern, despite that fact it has 270k miles on it. Im also using a stock PP on the pucked clutch so that help ease strain as well.
                          Jim K.

Comment

• I added one-half quart of oil today for the first time in nearly 3 months. Still on open crankcase/ road draft ventilation. Oil still golden looking on the dipstick.
                            Jim K.

Comment

• Finally put the Mazda thermostat in today. Car warms up nice and quick now. Aftermarket can suck an egg.
                              Jim K.

Comment

• do you not realize that your talking to yourself lol
                                WHO DAT SAY GON' BEAT DEM SAINTS, WHO DAT WHO DAT!!!!!!!

THIS IS OUR STATE!! GO DAWGS!!!! MISSISSIPPI STATE FOR LIFE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X