Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality information on ebay window regulators

Hello everyone.

I'm looking to get some information about 1st gen window regulators bought from ebay.

I need to replace mine asap and it seems the ones on ebay are decent?

Also, what about rockauto?

Looking for some info on these

Thanks!

I don't know about those, but I got mine from DirectAuto.com . I put the first one on about five years ago, and it is still working ok.
    HTH, Brady
    '89 Ford Probe LX, 2.2 nonturbo, 5 speed
    No wonder my car broke down; the mechanic put BREAK FLUID in it!

Comment

i use rock auto as often as i can personally. id check them to see if they have them for your car.
      PaTricK
      ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

I second Rockauto
        Need a chip or parts for your 1st gen GT go here----->Fordprobeparts.com

Floridafordprobeowners.club

Comment

They do have them for the probe. 60 bucks actually. I'm wondering if I shouldn't give it a shot..

Comment

I got one of those ebay power window regulators and it worked great for about 3 months and then one day it made a pop and wouldn't roll up anymore so I rolled it don't and another pop and then it worked fine. I took the door panel off to inspect and the plastic piece that holds the cable broke and popped off, Ohh well it was still working fine so another 3 or 4 months and Now it wouldn't roll back up. I removed it and tried it out of the car, nothing! I pulled apart the motor and the commutator was black and the brushes were worn away at a funny angle. The brushes on the one I got were actually near the gear box and there was oil from the grease in the brush area, So I figure that is what gunked up the comm. and caused it not to work. I cleaned it all up and reinstalled and it worked for a couple rotations and quit again. I won't be buying an ebay one again myself and when I go to buy another one I am going to make sure that the brushes are in the back of the motor away from the gears like it is from the factory. I actually put the factory motor and gearbox on the ebay reg so it will work, The oem one cables were all kinked up So make sure you keep your original one in case you have to do this too!

Comment

Working...
            X