Weird Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Problem

Hey when ever my car is warmed up and I let off the gas or put it into N the rpms won't drop.The car keeps driving like i'm giving it gas.I failed emissions,the NO was 3 times the limit!Hopefully this is the problem,any suggestions.Thanks
    my email address is NOT working!

the idle air control valve is supposed to control the idle speed. i would pull the check engine codes first thing. see if there are any stored codes..... even intermittent problems are held in memory for a certain number of start stop cycles.....since your 97 is OBD2 you could take it to Murrays or Advance Auto and get the codes pulled for free. the 95 i believe is OBD1 and you need to run a jumper at the diagnostics connector. jumper STI (self test input) to ground. this is usually labeled as "ten" and "ground". Probes using EEC4 controls have a separte wire (with separate connector) close to the main diagnostics connector. the single wire is the STI, ground is the first pin top row in the wierd shaped main diagnostics connector (triangular ends facing up). Probes using MECS controls jumper the third pin over top row to the 1st pin second row. there is no connector this is inside of the black diagnostic box to the right of the battery..... next turn the ignition key to on (engine not running) then record the flashes of the check engine light....NOTE: if the CEL doesnt flash then there are no stored codes...... Emissions:i f you are talking NOX i would guess the egr valve needs cleaned of carbon -or- some other egr related malfunction which could be the egr lift sensor or the egr vacuum solenoid or a vacuum leak somewhere. a vacuum leak may cause the high idle too. i have evn heard of vacuum leaks in the intake manifold gasket. let us know what you come up with

Comment

Working...
    X