Lower control arms/Ebrake...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower control arms/Ebrake...

Hey, my car hits bumps really bad. I brought it to get checked out, and they said the lower control arms are shot, they showed me, and he said they could fall off if i hit a really hard bump. He told me to go to a junk yard and get ones there because new ones would cost quite a bit. I'm just curiouse if you guys agree with what he is saying, he moved them up and down, and they really moved alot, the right one isnt to bad but on its way, however the left one moves like almost 3 or so inches up and down. He tryed to tighten them but it didnt help, and he said there directly attached to the balljoint. I have a 94 SE, so if guys have any thoughts on that let me know. Also my ebrake doesnt work, i tryed adjusting it by pulling it 10 or so times, and it still isnt doing anything. if i listen closly when i pull it, I can hear it doing something towards the back of the car when it is pulled, its not a weird noise, just sounds like it telling the car to do whatever it is it does. Anyways any thoughts on that?

You can score decently priced OEM knockoffs on Ebay or a few other online vendors.

If the balljoint seperates from the socket, it'll be a mess. I don't see where the bushings are attached coming off ... just becoming extremely noisy and driving like an uncontrollable turd.
    1994 Ford Probe 2.0L MTX
    Kitted. Lambos. Slammed. 18s. T3/04E. LSD. MSII. Zoom-Zoom-Psst.

1996 Mazda 626 2.0L MTX
    Lowered. 18s. P5 FSDE. MP3 PCM.

Cardomain - Needs updating.

Comment

I think the last time I checked Control Arms at Autozone were like 163.00 a piece

Comment

the bulk buy ones here were like $150 for a pair left and right brand new control arms new ball joints and bushings. if you buy just one $100 to $120 at an auto parts store like Car Parts warehouse. the drivers side front lower control arm bushing and the ball joints both sides tend to go bad on most Probes over 100k. i wouldnt buy a used one unless the car isnt worth it.

Comment

if you can find some used ones in good shape, it should be fine....definitely need a brand new bushing kit too, so figure that into the price

Comment

Working...
          X