Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

idle messed up sticking at like 2500-3000???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idle messed up sticking at like 2500-3000???

ok short and sweet. new head gasket, timing belt, waterpump, car is timed, new cap and rotor. cleand both iac and maf. the idle is messed up ever since i put in the new head gasket. i tried messin with the throttle cable but everytime i do it is either to high or to low and or sticks at like 3000 or to low and dies. also if i think iv'e finally got it, idling at like 800 to 900, when i take it out on the road and push the clutch in or am in nutral coasting the rpms will climb back up to 2500 3000ish. what the hell man??? i cant find the happy medium. i really hope it aint the Throttle postion sensor. i dont feel like spending $149.99 for a new one from autozone. if i could just get this idle fixed my engine would be like bran fricking new! please help

oh yeah i forgot to mention the piston rings, new fuel injectors, fuel filter and pump,
    Last edited by trekbmx15; June 16, 2005, 08:55 PM.
    TREKBMX15

throttle position sensor possible..... .do a diagnostics check (check engine codes). .....im guessing spring in the iac is sticking, happens quite a bit when people take them apart and clean them.

Comment

i already did a code check there is nothing showing. how would i fix the spring from not sticking??
      TREKBMX15

Comment

Mine was just like that. I replaced almost everything u did. Ends up i needed a new MAF. Sometimes cleaning isnt enough.
        95 SE, Full Sensei kit

Comment

Working...
        X