Melting Carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melting Carpet

The glue beneath the carpet on my 93 base against the center console (under where the gear shift is located) is melting. I figure that this is due to the converter getting to hot. The car is currently running like crap. It smells like rotten eggs (you know the one). The engine shakes and the whole car vibrates violently. Accelatration is almost non-existint, unless in park. I need some suggestions on what this may be. Maybe the O2 sensor? Oh yeah I washed the car's engine today at the car wask (what a dumb ass) Any advice is apperciated. Thanks in advance.

It sounds as if your converter is on its way out the door. Check it out to see if it is clogged.
    Nater

"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our attitudes." --Charles Swindoll

Comment

A
      1969-1/2 Dodge Super Bee (A12, M-code, 440 Six Pack, 4-speed , Dana 60 rear w/4.10 gears)
      1973 Plymouth Duster (225 Super Six, aluminum 4-speed O/D, 8.25" rear w/3.55 gears)
      1974 Dodge Dart Sport (406 big block, aluminum 4-speed, 8.75" rear w/3.91 gears)

Comment

Well it wasn't the converter at all. It was bad spark plug wires. Very deceiving!!! $89 for wires from Napa...what a rip!

Comment

pep-boys special $49.99!!!
          93 Probe SE 5-Speed
          bosch +4 plugs, custom cold air intake, short shifter, american flag paint job

Comment

Mine were $50 too. The mechanic said 89, but when I looked at the receipt they were only $50....not so bad I guess.

Comment

Working...
            X