Coolant leak, water pump broke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant leak, water pump broke?

So I re-insured my car, went to go drive it and noticed it was dripping antifreeze, and flaming hot. anybody know what the best idea is for fixing it? I think to just take it to a shop is the best plan because I don't want to worsen it.
    ='95 PGT=
    ='96 PGT=

Not sure what mechanics cost up north, but I paid about a grand for my water pump+timing belt+timing belt 'kit' on my 2.0, about a week after I bought it. If you're mechanically inclined, or at least close to someone who is good with working on cars, you could consider doing it yourself, but it would take a number of hours, and with the 2.0 being an interference engine, you'd want to be careful about the timing. Keep in mind that if you're doing the water pump, that's most of the labor for doing the timing belt, so do them both at once, and you won't have to worry about the belt for a long while.

Until then, I recommend keeping an eye on your temp gauge, and when you take it to a shop, try to take a route with the least stop-and-go, at a cool time of day.

Comment

Working...
    X