timing belt water pump now wont idle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timing belt water pump now wont idle.

well had a mechanic friend change my timing belt water pump and new belts. He started it i the garage and it ran good everything was fine. he called me and told be I should replace the belts. He started and moved my car a couple times this week at his house. I came to pick it up and when he did a road test today it started running like crap. It does not want to idle and its hard to start. We thought I had a bad boot on my plug wire. I got new wires from advanced and it still wont idle. I am thinking maybe there is a air pocket causing the iac to act up. any ideas?? if the timing was off It would not have ran good from the start right?

In theory the answer is yes. But did it really run properly form the start is the next question? do you trust his statement that it did?

It wont idle meaning its too low and stutters and dies, you have to rev it to keep it running? or it fluctuates all over?

When was the last time you replaced the thermostat? could be some air in the system but if you let it run for a bit with the caps off that should clear that issue
    96 PGT & 97 Prizobe put down in their prime, 96 PGT with minor bolt-ons :SOLD & MISSED:
    95 PGT-ZE with more bolt-ons :SOLD for rwd fun:
    71 Mach1 Mustang w/a 400 its Aliiiiiiiive!
    02 allroad 2.7TT w/ 60k #because bags, Porsche brakes, Stg I Tune & Exhaust...just getting started

Comment

Working...
    X