No announcement yet.

Engine light while driving- O2 sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine light while driving- O2 sensor?

Hey guys,

So my engine light has been coming on while driving for probably like 6 months now. Driving around town, it will come on when I get up to speed (30-40mph) then usually cut out while driving or when I go to stop at a stop sign, then back on again when I start to accelerate again. i recently got all new spark plugs and wires. The only code I'm showing is 181 "(Cars ONLY): Fuel system at rich adaptive limit at partial throttle / system lean."

I have a feeling this is probably just he O2 Sensor. Is there just the upstream one that i can see when I pop the hood, I don't see any others further down? Looks pretty simple, but then again I don't want to muck something up that isn't broke (its old and rusty, who knows...). I may just buy the thing just in case, since it seems to be running fine now. Any insights appreciated!

What year? Sounds like an o2....
    Some people are living life and some people are just living.

Comment

I need to replace my O2 sensor too. The Haynes manual just says to unplug the electrical connector and "carefully unscrew" the old sensor. I remember this being a b*tch on the Miata. Anything I should know?
      Bringing back a 1996 SE with 181k miles

Comment

I've had it be the o2 sensor, even the TPS no longer being able to adjust. Is your air filter clean, or really old & dirty? That can cause problems eventually too.

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

Need to know the code.
          Ryan
          '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
          SMF Prep:
          MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] 15x11's and 275 Hoosiers [] Hawk HP+ [] Sparco [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

Vatozone will scan it for free.. Orielly as well
            1995 Probe GT. Colt 218* cams, Tein SS Coilovers with EDFC, K6F trailing arms, CZT traction bars, ZE Intake Manifold, Milly MAF/OBDII swap, GReddy SP1, Probe Addiction Strut braces, RX8 Seats, PRD STS, PRD door sills, ACT 6puck, MFactory LSD,Built trans, Euro tails and corners, Walbro 255, and more to come
            Stage 3 Audi S4 pushing about 425awhp

Comment

Working...
            X