MX-6 compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MX-6 compatibility

I know the MX-6 is the Mazda version of our cars, but what are the good things to swap from the MX-6 to the Probe? Leather seats if available. Anything else?
    Bringing back a 1996 SE with 181k miles

Valve cover from the MX6 or 626. From the 98+ 626 rear sway bar and brakes.
    1993 Probe GT
    2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

everything that isn't body (other than spoiler the mx6 spoiler was a euro option) or interior trim
      1995 Probe GT. Colt 218* cams, Tein SS Coilovers with EDFC, K6F trailing arms, CZT traction bars, ZE Intake Manifold, Milly MAF/OBDII swap, GReddy SP1, Probe Addiction Strut braces, RX8 Seats, PRD STS, PRD door sills, ACT 6puck, MFactory LSD,Built trans, Euro tails and corners, Walbro 255, and more to come
      Stage 3 Audi S4 pushing about 425awhp

Comment

Except for things like vacuum/electric control valves & stuff like that. Those come from the 626. I found that out the hard way.

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

Thanks guys! Found a 1995 MX-6 at a local jy that was added to the inventory yesterday. I went out today and found it, but it must have been heavily parted out before they sold it to the salvage yard. There wasn't anything useful left.

Comment

Pics!!!!
            1995 Probe GT. Colt 218* cams, Tein SS Coilovers with EDFC, K6F trailing arms, CZT traction bars, ZE Intake Manifold, Milly MAF/OBDII swap, GReddy SP1, Probe Addiction Strut braces, RX8 Seats, PRD STS, PRD door sills, ACT 6puck, MFactory LSD,Built trans, Euro tails and corners, Walbro 255, and more to come

Comment

Originally posted by dammitcam View Post
              Pics!!!!
              Haha, I may be going back for something else. If I do I'll try to remember for you.

Comment

Awesomesauce

Comment

Originally posted by dammitcam View Post
                  Awesomesauce
                  As you wish (cue The Princess Bride), I posted the pics in an album on the Facebook group (not sure yet how to do that here).

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5215364&type=1

Is there a reason to use MX-6 brakes over ours?

Comment

mx6 no.. but yes for the 98+ 626 brakes.
                    1993 Probe GT
                    2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

I just had a caliper hang up on a '93, replace it with a rebuild. The MX-6 brakes are probably better.

Comment

theyre the same...only different shit on a mx6 is body and interior...everything else is the same as its the same car. not too hard to use the compatibility chart on orielys web page.
                        94 PGT
                        [96 PGT FuLL OBD2 WiRe HaRNeSS] ]KL31 SHoRT BLoCK & CaMS] [KL1C MaF SWap] [CuRVe NeCK MaNiFoLD] [KL68 TB] [Hei & MSD BLaSTeR 2] [Cai] [SS HeaDeRS] [STS] [R&R PoLY F&R MouNT & SHiFTeR iNSeRTS] [STaGe 2 CLuTCH] [FiDaNZa FLYWHeeL] [eGR DeLeTe] [FuLL a/C DeLeTe] [CoiLoVeRS] [RX8 WHeeLS oN 225/45/18]

Comment

Working...
                        X