No announcement yet.

HLA tick and now hesitation...related?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HLA tick and now hesitation...related?

I've had the HLA tick for about one month now and I am waiting till the end of the month to get paid. Ive recently noticed a bit of a hesitation at times all through different areas of the powerband. My car also lacks the oomph it once had. Are these problems related somehow??
    Down With Uncle Bens

I doubt it.

Perform a tuneup.
    1994 Ford Probe 2.0L MTX
    Kitted. Lambos. Slammed. 18s. T3/04E. LSD. MSII. Zoom-Zoom-Psst.

1996 Mazda 626 2.0L MTX
    Lowered. 18s. P5 FSDE. MP3 PCM.

Cardomain - Needs updating.

Comment

Hiya,

Severe HLA ticking can cause engine hesitation, and loss of power. Reason is simple: Valves don't open/close all the way, and also they open too late or close too late. The above symptoms are in the TSB which you find in the archive.

But that's only with severe HLA ticking. Probably you have some other engine maintenance to do. A tune up may help, but you can also try to find what is causing it (worn spark plug wires, dirty MAF or other damaged/broken sensors (TPS, O2, Temperature sensor). Fuel injectors may be partly clogged, fuel filter as well, dirty air filter, distributor, etc.). A general tune up will replace most of these, but if you are low on budget, fixing only what is causing the problems might be a first move.

Good luck,

Wim
      Wim J.F. Simons
      European 95 'Highlight' Probe 16V (with GT rims and all options besides AC)
      GT side skirts, GT cluster, Cruise control, UDP, K&N drop in, Bosal headeR, Phenolic intake and throttle body spacerS, Fidanza flywheel, polished intake/exhaust head (milled 0.025"), Self rebuilt engine #3 (Rev. oil pump, 0.040" oversized bores/pistons, Bronze magnese valve guides, 3-angle valve/seat job) I need to update my web site! )

Comment

Working...
      X