Need help with 95 PGT disty wiring...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with 95 PGT disty wiring...

Im trying to get jackies pgt up and running. A while ago i found a broken wire on the 3 pin connector of the disty. Fixed it and it ran. Now the same problem, no spark. Ive tried a new disty, with no luck.

BUT, her uncle (where the car is broke down at) got a new 3 pin connector at a junkyard and cut the wiring and spliced it into her wiring that goes to here disty. (if that makes sense)

Im thinking he has the wiring wrong...

Heres what i have coming from the ecu.... 3 wires

one large black wire w/ yellow stripe
    green
    yellow w/green stripe

If someone could tell me which one goes to what on the 3 pin connector, that would be great

-Ty

Re: Need help with 95 PGT disty wiring...

I'm not sure I can help, as it is a '95, but on my '93 PGT, of the 3 wires only one needed to be connected for the car to run. The other 2 wires are the tach and the diag port hookup. (atleast on a 93).

On a '93 The wires are as follows:

A) Y/GN
    B) Y/BL
    C) BK/PK

IIRC the BK/PK wire is the only one of the 3 that must be hooked up for the car to run, atleast on the 3 pin connector.

Have you checked the connections on the 6 pin? Didn't you have a very similar post a few days ago?
    ~Aaron~
    1993 Silver PGT MTX ~~R.I.P~5/7/14

Comment

From the '95 EVTM. The labeling is basically looking at the harness pins with the harness disconnected.

http://home.comcast.net/~mmunoz70/z/95disty01.gif
      http://home.comcast.net/~mmunoz70/z/95disty02.gif

btw, the wire colors will vary between the model years.
      Marc M.
      Black '95 PGT with mods 177.4 whp/159.6 wtq (probably way less now as the car has been partially de-modded)
      2000 BMW M-Roadster

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha95PGT
        btw, the wire colors will vary between the model years.

They'll vary within the same year as well. My '95 has different color 3 pin wires than another '95. may be an atx/mtx thing.
        '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
        '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

Originally posted by pgtfreak
          They'll vary within the same year as well. My '95 has different color 3 pin wires than another '95. may be an atx/mtx thing.
          Did it have a different distributor? I know that sometime in 95 they changed from OBD-I to OBD-II (after March '95).. but my 11/94 '95 PGT has the same wiring my 3/95 '95 PGT did. My 95 EVTM does not list different wire specs though during the year.

As for the topic, if the guy bought a 93/94 harness and spliced the "same" wire colors together, the car wouldn't run.. cuz the harness has rotated wire colors from 93/94 to 95-97 harnesses.

Do a search for posts by spadaben about running a 93/94 disty on a 95+ vehicle for details.
          Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi
          1991 PGT ----- 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (GSX1300R) ~ 10.6@139mph ----- 1980 MGB

Comment

whoa, talk about an old topic

Comment

Oh man, I did a search on something else.. this came up as a "similar thread" and the month was February so I replied.. lol, oh well, post count +2 for this thread.
              Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi
              1991 PGT ----- 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (GSX1300R) ~ 10.6@139mph ----- 1980 MGB

Comment

Working...
              X