Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i used this guide and it was great. thanks travis!!!!

end results.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...6/clutch15.jpg
    http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...6/clutch17.jpg
    http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...6/clutch19.jpg
    '95 MX6 LS-restoration in progress,...and bolt ons!
    '12 Malibu-daily
    RIP- '93 MX6 LS,Boosted 7lbs,180 stat,udp,2.5in exhaust w/hooker aero chamber muffler w/3in tip,S2 clutch,11lb flywhl,strut bars,eibachs,monroes,awr f/r mm,awr sway bar kit,b&m shifter w/rr-racing&corksport brass bushings

Comment

• OK, I don't have much experience with the transmission of a front-wheel drive so I'm a little new to this... if I needed to replace the master and slave cylinder at the same time as replacing my clutch and flywheel, how would I go about doing that?

Comment

• The two systems are independent from each other, and interface only at the clutch fork/slave cylinder rod. You can replace one without removing the other, you just have to unbolt the slave cylinder when doing the clutch.
        1997 MX-6 LS

Comment

• i just followed all the directions and went great. took me few hours but it was my first time so it went pretty good! good tuturial
          97 PGT RIP
          93 PGT KLZE:Sold
          01 CBR 929

Comment

• Loved it! It was a big help in getting prepped and in the actual swap.

Comment

• ive started this process and i cannot get the tranny to drop its about 1/2" open all the way around and we cannot get it out we have been prying onit and every thing we can think of any suggestions?
              06' New Formula Red AP2, HKS 3" Exhaust, Invidia TP
              93GT-DD, 12" Kicker L7 1600watt Phoenix Gold Amp & Mids-Bomz CAI, RR Inserts, XTR stg 2 Clutch, MX-3 Flywheel Testpipe 2.5"piping OBX muffler Ebay headers
              Soon To Go In-KLZE-CM stg 3 clutch, RR-Racing MM's, Probinator ECU, CAI, 2.5 Cat back, Colt Cams N20 Tri-Flows, CDF Cam Gears, Megasquirt

Comment

• You can, but one difference iirc is that the starter has to be removed from the tranny because at least one of the starter bolts goes through to the block.
                1997 MX-6 LS

Comment

• aboput my clutch

whould you know why my clutch is ingageing at the floor but isnt fully engaged untill the pedal is all the way up! I have a new clutch preasure plate throw out bearing and pilot bearing, slave cylender and i rebuilt the master!... and all the air is blead out of the line! do i just need to adjust the master cylender or what!...please help! that slippage is anoying!

Comment

• great write up. do you have any other quick installs?
                    1996 Ford PGT. Two toned red and black with custom Medusa mural on the hood. CAI, JJ Resonated Test Pipe,SS Auto Chrome Headers, Pacesetter 2.5" Exhaust, front sway bar,1999 Ford Contour 22mm rear sway bar, civic short throw shifter,cross drilled and slotted rotors, 18" Black Konig hot swaps.

Comment

• Thats quite impressive time,

Comment

• good write up...
                        thanks alot...
                        1995 PGT BLACK: CF hood, stock KLDE, Clutchmasters FX400, MX3 Flywheel, MS1 Extra, KLG4 coilpack with PRD wires, T3T04e turbo, same side intercooler, tial WG, custom fuel rails with nissan 550cc injectors, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Eugo, Autometer gauges, 2.5" custom Borla catback, Tokico blues, Eibach springs, FD rims, J30 projector conversion......

Comment

• nice you just saved me future money! =)

Comment

• Picking up a 94 GT soon that should need a clutch... thanks!
                            94 PGT

Comment

• i used THANKS

Comment

• Many thanks for this!!

-Joe

Comment

Working...
                                X