A/F gauge install instructions W/pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iLyK2EaTCiViCs
    ok i just used the same wire as b4tn, the yellow wire. I guess it works, not really sure. It bounces from rich to stoich when normal driving and than goes about 1 green bar into the rich side when i mash. Still curious if this is the best wire to use.
    I'm not a auto-guru or anything, but it sounds like its working correctly. It should go alittle rich when you mash the gas, because thats what makes you go faster....more gas
    '94 PGT Hotshot Intake/Headers, Remus exhaust, Magnacore wires, Iridium plugs, ADR 18" rims wrapped with Pirellii 225 40 ZRs, slotted-crossdrilled rotors (4), Underdrive pulley, Underdrive Flywheel, StgII Centerforce Clutch, carbonfiber dash kit, carbonfiber instrument overlay, indiglo gaugeface, momo knob/shiftboot, Kenwood Z828, Diamond Audio HEX series 10 speakers around, custom kickpods, totally custom trunk includin 2 Diamond 12's, Kicker BD1000, BD400, 5farad cap, whitelight headlights, piaa foglights

Comment

Originally posted by iLyK2EaTCiViCs
      ok i just used the same wire as b4tn, the yellow wire. I guess it works, not really sure. It bounces from rich to stoich when normal driving and than goes about 1 green bar into the rich side when i mash. Still curious if this is the best wire to use.
      I'm not a auto-guru or anything, but I'm pretty sure thats about what should happen. I'll let an expert recommend though
      '94 PGT Hotshot Intake/Headers, Remus exhaust, Magnacore wires, Iridium plugs, ADR 18" rims wrapped with Pirellii 225 40 ZRs, slotted-crossdrilled rotors (4), Underdrive pulley, Underdrive Flywheel, StgII Centerforce Clutch, carbonfiber dash kit, carbonfiber instrument overlay, indiglo gaugeface, momo knob/shiftboot, Kenwood Z828, Diamond Audio HEX series 10 speakers around, custom kickpods, totally custom trunk includin 2 Diamond 12's, Kicker BD1000, BD400, 5farad cap, whitelight headlights, piaa foglights

Comment

Yup, its working. And your using the rear sensor which in theory should be giving the most acurate reading. It bounces because because while normal driving the ECU controls the fuel and it bounces between lean and rich trying to find the perfect level. Watch it during cold starts and other driving conditions its kida interesting seeing how fuel is changed around.
        My SRT-4
        Sold, My Turbo 2g MX6

Comment

Problems/....

I installed mine in my 94 PGT and first month or so it worked fine...now I get about half way to work and it quits...anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Do you have anymore detail? It only half works doesnt tell us much. My first guess would be a faulty connection. Is it getting a good ground and 12 volts? Also make sure the COnnection to the sensor wire is good.
            My SRT-4
            Sold, My Turbo 2g MX6

Comment

As I said I get halfway to work and it just turns off...yes my connections were soldered and all still ground 12 volt, sensor etc.

Comment

I have a '95, is it still a blue w/yellow stripe?? I did the yellow one but it was the TPS, i have a nice gauge that tells me how far I'm mashing the throttle

What color wire??
                2007 Audi RS4
                Past: '05 Audi S4, '88 626 turbo, '93 red PGT, '94 white PGT, '95 Purple PGT, '95 Red PGT, '00 MGT, '07 Mazdaspeed3
                The mom's car: White on black GTS, 5 speed, tint.

Comment

Originally posted by 93PGT
                  I have a '95, is it still a blue w/yellow stripe?? I did the yellow one but it was the TPS, i have a nice gauge that tells me how far I'm mashing the throttle

What color wire??
                  According to my Chilton Manual the 1993-1995 626/MX-6/Probe 2.5 L

TPS is four wires: Brown, Green/Blue, Purple/Green, and Black/Blue

The 02 sensor wires are: right, Yellow and Left is Green

Thats all I have. I think the TPS is on the same plug but just incase make sure you splicing into the center harness.
                  My SRT-4
                  Sold, My Turbo 2g MX6

Comment

Yup, center harness, solid yellow wire, DEFINITELY the TPS for my 95

Blue with yellow stripe then??
                    2007 Audi RS4
                    Past: '05 Audi S4, '88 626 turbo, '93 red PGT, '94 white PGT, '95 Purple PGT, '95 Red PGT, '00 MGT, '07 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

No wait, i'm going to try Blue/black and Black/yellow... brb
                      2007 Audi RS4

Comment

The black/yellow wire was easiest to get to so I used that and it worked.

p.s. I'm running way too rich Time to turn down my FPR a bit...
                        2007 Audi RS4

Comment

Originally posted by 93PGT
                          The black/yellow wire was easiest to get to so I used that and it worked.

p.s. I'm running way too rich Time to turn down my FPR a bit...
                          Cool, how is it working after the FPR is turned down?
                          My SRT-4
                          Sold, My Turbo 2g MX6

Comment

guys-i'm read the whole post and i'm getting mixed ideas as to which wires to tap to get the fuel ratio tach to work.

spada said : blue/yello stripe <----thats for a 94(i have a 94 V6)

and than i read different posts saying 93-95models bla bla bla! I'm so confuses...anyone can really confirm???

BTW I called up autometer to ask which wire and he said "uhm uhm look at the wire comming off of your o2 sensor and trace it back to your cabin and use it" BS!!!!
                            6speed getrag 2.5 KL03

Comment

Look at my post.

If you look at the pinout ('93-'95 only), go by the position of the wire and not the color since this varies from year to year. The wire you want is the one coming off of pin #10 or the second to the left on the bottom row of the center connector. Oh, I'll just cut and paste it here:

Connector C247 (middle connector with 16 pins)

Left ------->Right
                              1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
                              9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
                              Bottom

1) BARO sensor output (ATX)
                              2) RHO2S input (front head)
                              3) ECTS input
                              4) not used
                              5) +5V reference out
                              6) IAT input
                              7) Knock sensor input
                              8) Canister purge output
                              9) VAF input
                              10) LHO2S input (rear head)
                              11) TPS input
                              12) A/C High pressure input
                              13) EGR position input
                              14) DRL load (Can.) (daytime Running Lights)
                              15) not used
                              16) High coolant fan (aka high speed condenser fan control)

Have fun

BTW, I found the wire identification on Mike's site confusing since it's reversed, looking into the holes of the harness rather than looking at the wires as they come out of the ECU.
                              Marc M.
                              Black '95 PGT with mods 177.4 whp/159.6 wtq (probably way less now as the car has been partially de-modded)
                              2000 BMW M-Roadster

Comment

Originally posted by b4tn
                                Cool, how is it working after the FPR is turned down?

I turned it down to ~36psi at idle, took the vacuum line off and it read 48psi. The a/f meter is showing a good 1 and 2 bars into rich when I'm flooring it, and the butt dyno notices a nice improvement for sure Before it felt like the car was starving for air or something now it's nice and lively and has some more torque and top-end power again. I have the Cosmo FPR, in this picture it's on my old ZE, I took it off after the ZE blew up and finally put it on my '95 03:

http://willp.wnyimports.com/pictures...Probe/FPR2.JPG
                                http://willp.wnyimports.com/pictures...Probe/FPR3.JPG

I've also done a much nicer job with the install this time instead of just zip tieing it to a vacuum hose Oh and I went through like a half tank of gas in about 35 miles with the old setting I had which was 42psi at idle, it's much better now.

What do you guys run at at idle and WOT?
                                2007 Audi RS4

Comment

Working...
                                X