X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I remember from my O2 replacement, all you have to do is take the neg wire off the battery and depress the break pedal for 15 secounds or so.
    I did not need to remove my cross member, just got it from way down under.

Comment

Okay so I have a code 15 and 17 in my MX6. Where is the sensor (exactly) and how do I fix it.

Comment

Well, if you stand in front of your car facing the engine, open the hood, bend over ever so slightly and take a peek at the exhaust manifold coming out of the front cylinders right behind the radiator fans, you will see the front O2 sensor. Changing it is almost the same as the rear sensor except you dont have to jack nothing. just need the tools and the sensor.

Comment

On my car..it seems like its showing 117 code...but its most likely a 17 code? anyways, right now im having problems starting the car sometimes. I would have to give it an extra second or two before it started when i turned the key, and this one morning the car would not start at all..so then i meshed the gas a bit and it started up again...later that day, I decided to clean the throttle body and only took out the eblow of the intake to get access. well after cleaning and putting everything back together, and starting the car...it all of the sudden started to idle very high...into the 1500-1900rpm, and now this would happen every time i start the car and would never go down into the 800-900 rpm range...could this happen because of a bad oxygen sensor? Also, how many oxygen senors are there? or which one's will i need to replace? I would def. appreciate the responses.
          Thanks all
          1990 MX-6 GT 198.9 hp 272.7 tq @17-18 psi T-bird hybrid

05 SRT-4 - 22-23psi / 16psi @ redline

Comment

Originally posted by TakimanPGT
            There are two O2 sensors. Front bank and Rear bank. Code 17 would be the front sensor right behind the radiator on the exhaust manifold.

For the high idle, what exactly did you do to clean it up?
            I used the carb/throttle body cleaner, like gumout, but used the valvoline brand. I only took out the elbow and not disconnect everything including the throttle body. I just sprayed around the plate and some inside the throttle body and then wiped it with a towel.

Comment

Originally posted by TakimanPGT
              Spraying into the TB on our cars is not an accepted thing. The car just doesnt like it. Hmmmm, lets change the O2 sensor and then think of this idle. I'll try some searches for answers.
              I replaced the front O2 sensor and the idle speed dropped down and is a little better now. But it is still like 200-300 rpms higher than usually sometimes, but i shouldnt worry about it too much. o2 sensor i think did the job. btw thanks man for all of the help. Also, is it a BAD thing for spraying it into the TB? even though the can instruction said so? I dont know, maybe in a couple weeks it'll be fine.

Spraying Carb/TB cleaner into the Carb/TB will NOT harm anything.
              Its what the product is designed for. Just dont spray into the VAF
              Rick_96PGT

Comment

Well, i would suggest you clear the ECU and restart the car. Let it learn for about 10 mins. then try adjusting the TPS.

Comment

It's running perfectly now I guess the ecu finally learned it itself.

Comment

Ford tells me I have 2 sensors...The bulk buy O2 sensor website says I have 2, a manual I have says I have 1 and a couple other people have said that the OBD-I uses one O2 sensor. I am getting the code 23 and 24 and i have a 94PGT so now i am thinking i really do have 2 after this post. Before I lift up the car....HOW MANY DO I HAVE?

There are two (2) sensors for OBD
                    Rick_96PGT
                    Previously owned: 96 GT, 94 GT, 89 LX

Comment

To the archive with this one too.

Again, edited for content.
                      Rick_96PGT #62
                      "I never apologize.
                      I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am."
                      - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Working...