Number three cylinder misfire code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number three cylinder misfire code?

That is the code I got when my CEL came on. My mechanic pulled it and reset the computer and now it will not recreate the problem. I do hear a small miss from the exhaust at idle or partial throttle. I can also feel it at idle only. The car feels fine at regular and WOT acceleration with no stumbling or missing. Plugs and plug wires were only 3 months old but I replaced them anyway under warranty with Autozone and the cap and rotor was already replaced. Chevron has been run through the tank every 4th tank full. So what is left? Also could someone tell me where cylinder #3 is on my car I would apprciate it. Thanks!

#3 is on the rear bank in the middle, firewall side. Are you absolutely sure that the plug wire is connected tightly on both ends?
    1993 Ford Probe GT - KLDE + N2O
    228 whp 241 wtq - 2340 lb race weight
    ATX - 13.44@105.1 MTX - 13.35@106.1

Comment

I know for a fact that the spark plug end is snapped in place. I am almost certain the other end is also. If it is what else could cause this? I am going to check how the plugs are wearing back there and see if the #3 spark plug looks any different.

Comment

this is how cylinders are lined up:

{rear}
        1 - 3 - 5
        #########
        #########
        2 - 4 - 6
        {front}

something i figured out last night : put some di-electric grease at the ends of the spark plug cables and in the distributor caps .. my plugs fit perfectly before and i could even hear them snap but i still had misfire, then i filled eveything with dielectric grease everything is running fine.
        95 PGT El-Turco

Comment

Great suggestion bocek but each of them had some of the stuff put in there before I put them on.

Comment

Well I found out it was a fuel injector stuck open. Ford is charging my warranty company $295 dollars for the injector alone!!!! Total bill will be around $500 dollars charged to my warranty company!!! What would cause a fuel injector to become stuck open? The computer is sending the right signal to it but it is telling the computer to smurf off I guess.

Comment

Working...
            X