HELP!! Needed on buying a 1996 Probe GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! Needed on buying a 1996 Probe GT

im thinkin about buying a 1996 probe gt, im kinda hesistant to buy it because many people say Ford's are not a reliable make and it will break down shortly after i buy it, and the car also has 150,000 miles on it so thats another reason why im hesistant,the guy says the car has been kept up with regular maintenance and has never had a problem with it and every source i went to referred back to probetalk.com so here i am needing advice...thank you and help is much appreciated!!

if the guy can show some kind of proof that the car was taken car of then i would buy it real quick. there are guys on the forum that have over 200k on there kl's and still run strong. hell some of the 200k klde's run better then some of our ze's we have. another question is it a 5 speed or auto

Comment

its 5 speed

Comment

take her for a test drive and make sure none of the gears grind. find out if the clutch has ever been replaced or if its still stock. more then likely if its still stock the guy knows how to drive and didnt damage anything.

Comment

the guy said he replaced the clutch,im gonna go test drive it tomorrow and also if the gears dont mind and when i go to check it out and everything is fine should i buy it?

Comment

yea check allk and i mean all the fluids and make sure its clean. and check for rust around the hatch

Comment

Working...
            X