pulled a boat load of codes today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulled a boat load of codes today

ok well i've pulled the codes today.. and.....
    2...15...17...23... ok thats it for now.. the one i have a question on is the #2 for crankshaft position sensor err..
    when i drive for a little bit. then stop turn off the car(as if going to buy a soda or fuel)then get back in and drive i get a slight misfire for a short while. but it go's away. would that cause the code to show, or is it becuase of a bad sensor that its causing the misfire?? anyone else delt with this?.

as for the o2 sensor err. i really dont care, i'm pulling the manifold for a header, and will replace the rear o2 sensor then. or fix a mis wire. had a friend put in the sensor a year ago, so i dont know if it was done correctly.

and on the 17 and 15 would a miswire of the o2 sensor cause this code?
    cause like i said i had a friend who said he knew what he was doing put it in and it was a bosch universal with just three loose wires, and a connector. so i dont know if each wire made it to its rightful home.

if anyone could help that would be awesome.
    Last edited by taylortrans; March 19, 2009, 03:28 PM.
    1995 Black PGT rolling on 18s, e-cold air,
    2004 Mazda RX-8
    2002 F-350, Dually, Crew Cab, DIESEL,
    15 second 1/4 Mile Blowing Black smoke all the way
    2005 GSXR 600

our o2 sensors are 4 wire. so yes a miswired o2 will cause those codes. just replace the ckp and see how she runs. the o2's cdan cause it to drive like crap cause it doesnt know how much fuel it needs

Comment

sorry i ment 4 wires.. i lied..
      2004 Mazda RX-8
      2005 GSXR 600

Comment

lol its cool. double check all the wires and make sure they are secure. did he solder the wires together or just crimped them

Comment

no it came with one of those pressure connectors... where you strip the wire, then put in into the hole then screw the cap down. which holds it to a cone inside the connector...
          2004 Mazda RX-8
          2005 GSXR 600

Comment

wow i have a uni in front of me now and it dont look anything like your describing

Comment

yeah i'm prob going to have to go out and get new ones.. then put them in at the meet coming up when i put in my headers.
              2004 Mazda RX-8
              2005 GSXR 600

Comment

Working...
              X