bad #3 fuel injecter replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad #3 fuel injecter replacement

Hello, this is my second probe, my first one i owned was a 97 se that got totaled by a semi a month after a got it. So I took the settlement and got a nice 94 pgt. My #3 fuel injecter is bad and have to replace. I will be going to a junk yard to get a used one as I don't have $200 for a new one. Is there anything out of the norm for pulling off and reinstalling the injecter or intake manifold or should it go pretty smooth?

Just take the whole rear fuel rail (nearest to the firewall, which includes injector #3) at the junkyard and swap it with the one on your car. That way you don't have to mess with injector o-rings and it is much quicker to do it that way. You don't have to remove the intake manifold to remove the fuel rails. Just unplug both hoses going the the fuel rails, unscrew the allen screws that keeps the rails in place and take them out. Beware, there will be some small plastic spacers under the fuel rails that will probably fall into the V of the block if you don't pay attention...and once they are there, they are a bitch to get out! that's pretty much it...Oh, and just make sure that you remove pressure in the system so you don't spray fuel everywhere.
    MX-6 DE-T // Parting out...

Comment

So did you go to Mazda and ask for a injector for a 2002 Mazda 626 or something?
      1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
      1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
      2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
      2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
      1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Nope, that's the price I got at a local parts store. Junk yard wants $13 .

Comment

I want to know how you diagnosed a bad injector?

-apply power and ground to the pins on the rails and watch/listen for pressure drop
          -unbolt rail, crank the motor and watch them spray
          -check resistance at the rail connector

Or you did a power balance test and found the misfire to be at cyl#3 even after putting in new plug wires and tuneup, so your next guess is the injector?
          Last edited by mac1; November 3, 2011, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Well I bought it with a miss fire. The water pump went out shortly after I got it, working 12+ hours a day I didn't have time to fix it myself (uti graduate and 3 year vet as a used car tech at a ford dealer) so I took it to a shop. After the tech put a new water pump in he looked into the miss fire. The diagnosis was a bad #3 injector. I am about out of cash so I'm doing it myself.

Comment

Well I just told you how to "diagnose" it yourself so get to it. LOL

4 wires on the rear injector rail connector as follows
              w/r is the common 12v
              red/L.green Injector 1 GND
              brown Injector 3 GND
              white Injector 5 GND

the internal resistance of each injector coil is about 13-14ohms, please tell me you know how to use a volt/ohm meter.
              Last edited by mac1; November 3, 2011, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                Well I just told you how to "diagnose" it yourself so get to it. LOL

4 wires on the rear injector rail connector as follows
                w/r is the common 12v
                red/L.green Injector 1 GND
                brown Injector 3 GND
                white Injector 5 GND

the internal resistance of each injector coil is about 13-14ohms, please tell me you know how to use a volt/ohm meter.
                yes i know how to use a dvom, i got a nice bluepoint dvom i can dust off lol. took a vacation day tomorrow to work on it

Comment

does that bluepoint happen to say UTI on it?
                  Last edited by mac1; February 2, 2012, 03:56 PM.

Comment

sure does, glendale hieghts 05 garduate. you been?

Comment

Rancho Campus, 2001 UTI dropout myself. Got a good job on my own and got tired of the drive.

Comment

yea i managed to get through it and ford fact. the dealer i worked at got slow(booked 10 hours a week towards the end) and the job market sucks in michigan so now i rollform bumpers for a living. i'll post back tomorrow on my car.

Comment

Went to the local junk yard and got the whole rear fuel rail off a 96 626, my car runs great with all 6 cylinders firing, who woulda thought lol. Thanks for the help guys. Loving this probe community.

Comment

So that makes 5 total injectors I have seen go bad on a KL since I've been around.
                            3 on 1 rail that sat in a garage for 2 years
                            1 on a rail that who knows what happend but I saved it
                            and now yours.................

Comment

I did get one bad the day after I purchased the car 3 years ago...that makes it 6!
                              MX-6 DE-T // Parting out...

Comment

Working...
                              X