Bad news! Lost most compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
    I meant this. your supposed to only use the head gaskets, not the rubber stuff.
    Wait a min MAC...are you saying use the ebay head gaskets and nothing else? What do you mean by saying "rubber stuff"?
    Originally Posted by jasons96pgtze View Post
    there tends to be a lot of genius people here on PT.. Thats why we own probes lol

Comment

ebay valve cover gaskets are shit...
      he may be talking about the seals too.(cam, crank etc)
      94 PGT -T, Used to be quick

94 Black PGT, KLZE, spun bearing, Likely parts car for life

Comment

May I suggest thAt since car is torn apart this far, to do piston rings and rod bearings. I am suggesting this cause it would suck to slap back together and find out rings are shot, that means tear down again and re replace head gaskets . IMO spend the money on rings and rod bearings and call it a day!

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

I am suggesting this because I went threw what you are and had to tear back down for rings lol, think about it. Totally worth to do right now while the heads are off

Comment

Originally posted by DougieFBabY View Post
          May I suggest thAt since car is torn apart this far, to do piston rings and rod bearings. I am suggesting this cause it would suck to slap back together and find out rings are shot, that means tear down again and re replace head gaskets . IMO spend the money on rings and rod bearings and call it a day!

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

I am suggesting this because I went threw what you are and had to tear back down for rings lol, think about it. Totally worth to do right now while the heads are off
          I know blown headgasket for sure...plus I did a leak test on the valve...they cry like no tomorrow...so, I'm pretty sure the heads are the reason for compression loss. I'm sure the rings are fine....just a little concerned about main bearings. I changed oil very frequently the last 6 yrs.
          there tends to be a lot of genius people here on PT.. Thats why we own probes lol

Comment

Originally posted by DougieFBabY View Post

Bang on Dougie. You were right! Pulled the pistons and the rings look like dog****. They were locked in with carbon. Soaking kerosene now. Ordered NPR rings and ITM rod bearings from egay with ring ex-pander wrench. Should have them by this weekend. Using Lucas assy lube, Planning on deglazing cylinders as well.

Comment

very nice, i see a compression test, min. 185 across the board LOL

Comment

Working...
              X