Rear brakes, compatibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear brakes, compatibility?

So my rear brakes need changing, the apparatus itself or whatever it is (not completely sure). Basically when i pull the handbrake it doesn't hold even though it was tensioned several times by the mechanic. Also i have trouble decelerating quickly enough when above 60-70 km/h.

Anyway, so i was told that the brake apparatus from a Mazda MX-6 is the same one so i can use that, but i've been offered one from a Mazda 323 F 2.0 v6 24 144 hp. So are they interchangeable?! I only really need the left one but the offer is for a set of 4, and they are quite cheap too.

My mechanic searched but couldn't find so now it's in my hands. Should i buy them or wait for something from a MX-6 to pop up? Probe parts are scarce in my country, considering there are like... very very very rare here. Like 10-20 at most in the whole country (from what i can tell).

without actually seeing them, I'm going to give the opinion that the 323 used a different hardware set up than the mx6/probe/626 (xedos?). It's not just the MX6 you can pull calipers from, it's the 626 of the same years. Also, I believe the protege has calipers that can be used. But, the 323/mx3 had 4 lug hubs instead of the 5 lug that we used and I believe their brakes were of a different design.
    '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
    '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
    '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSquid View Post
      without actually seeing them, I'm going to give the opinion that the 323 used a different hardware set up than the mx6/probe/626 (xedos?). It's not just the MX6 you can pull calipers from, it's the 626 of the same years. Also, I believe the protege has calipers that can be used. But, the 323/mx3 had 4 lug hubs instead of the 5 lug that we used and I believe their brakes were of a different design.
      Thanks for the information and for confirming that i can in fact use them from an MX6/626.

Comment

Keep in mind you can also just buy the 98+ 626 parts, and actually upgrade the rears and its a direct bolt on.
        PaTricK
        ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Working...
        X