What is this clack sound when turning? Short Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this clack sound when turning? Short Video

What is this sound when i turn or go over bumps? I live in a town full of a million idiots. They always (and did for this) tell me my car is fine when i take it to the shops. While usually breaking something new.
    https://youtu.be/D852zl1iHFU
    Automatic 97 Ford Probe GT 54,000 miles original engine n stuff.

Does it sound like its coming from under the dash? Do you have any kind of alarm installed to where something might be hanging loose behind the kick panel? The car have abs?
    1995 Probe GT - N2O Ingested, CM 3, fidanza, headers, exhaust, CAI, MS, kenwood sound
    2010 Ram 1500 4x4 - Daily Driver
    99 Mustang V6 stock inherited not sure what the plan is

Comment

No its way louder than my alrm parts that hang and click or tap at most. This is a louder clack and it comes from the mid front of the right side and the alarm brain is all left side
      Automatic 97 Ford Probe GT 54,000 miles original engine n stuff.

Comment

LOL.. I cant figure out for the life of me, what you are saying in that video.

I did hear a knock sound.. If it knocks badly while turning in motion, I would guess that is a bad CV axle joint. They don't usually make noise over bumps though.
        The knocking over a bump in the road would seem more like a bad control arm ball joint. One more option (rather rare) could be the strut mount bearing. Lastly,.. maybe the steering rack bushing is rotten and gone??
        DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
        94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

Is it consistent? Every turn and/or bump? Is there any way someone could stand outside by a corner of a side street or something to possibly help verify if the sound is more profound outside or inside the vehicle?
          1995 Probe GT - N2O Ingested, CM 3, fidanza, headers, exhaust, CAI, MS, kenwood sound
          2010 Ram 1500 4x4 - Daily Driver
          99 Mustang V6 stock inherited not sure what the plan is

Comment

The CV Axle could be it, mine makes noise on turns every now and then. But I also had noise on bumps, which turned out to be a loose sway bar linkage. I would check those since they are the cheapest to replace if needed.

Comment

Working...
            X