Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad negative camber and some front end damage. What to fix before alignment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad negative camber and some front end damage. What to fix before alignment?

First off, thanks to whoever is moderating the Facebook group for getting me activated, you rock. Now I can use the search feature.

I have 2 93 PGTs, one fully loaded MTX, the other is a barebones ATX. Background is the MTX was my daily driver, and has a good engine and trans, only issue was burning a small amount of oil between changes. I don't think that's too bad for 180k miles. Then some a--hole ran a red light a crunched the rear quarter. *******er.

I bought the ATX knowing that the drivetrain was pretty much junk with the plan to cut out the back part of the body and weld it on the MTX with the nicer engine. I have since changed my mind and I think I'm just going to swap engine and trans to the one with the intact body.

The intact body is not without problems, and that is what i'm trying to fix to get it driveable.. At some point in the past, the front end was damaged and the radiator support was bent. It was fixed, but it looks kinda bad. Like, zipties holding the radiator on kinda bad.

The part that makes it not driveable is the front end shake. It's smooth as butter until 60mph, and by 65 or so it's terrifying. The front tires also had really bad negative camber wear when I replaced them. I'm going to swap all the front suspension components off the totaled car, since the damage was all on the back, and then get it aligned to see if that fixes it.

So the question: before I get it aligned, should I cut the radiator support from the donor car and bolt it in, or will I be better off leaving the bent up support and letting the shop do what they can?

(neither of these cars is my DD. I now drive an '11 hyundai accent sedan, so if anybody wants to compete for Most Boring Car Award, I'll take ya on lol)
Working...
X