hesitation at 2500 RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hesitation at 2500 RPM

at first I thought it was my imagination, but there is a definate hesitation around 2500RPM. Sometimes its so bad it jerks the car. I think this is a direct result of my adjustable FPR which is set at 43psi. That is the only thing I changed recently. Could this be the problem? if so....why? I think I will drop it back down a few psi. The car idles and runs fine. (all the way to 7000 hehe )
    www.probe-gt.com
    Minnesota Probe Owners Club
    15.443@90.44

ahh... i think i see your problem.

have you checked your engine bay for a turbo or supercharger?

if you find one, ensure that you smack it with a hammer several times... this should solve all of your hesitation problems...
    I eat dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by BoundSyco
      ahh... i think i see your problem.

have you checked your engine bay for a turbo or supercharger?

if you find one, ensure that you smack it with a hammer several times... this should solve all of your hesitation problems...

Injectors?

Comment

My usual reply-Wires! See if the car hesitates when the engine is cold.

Comment

I had similar problems and few bottles of injector cleaner solved the problem.

good luck
          99` Cougar V6, MTX w/ Premium Package

Comment

i also had this problem too, changed the plugs + wires, also changed the fuel filter, and ran a fw fuel injector cleaners, and its alot better..
            i still have a slight bucking when its cold, that is most likely from the platunum plugs, geting NGKs thou

Comment

it happens when the engine is warm or cold. plugs and wires are good. I'm pretty sure it has to be the higher fuel pressure....but why???
              www.probe-gt.com
              Minnesota Probe Owners Club
              15.443@90.44

Comment

Originally posted by TakimanPGT

Injectors?

im not really rembering last night to well... sorri bout that... hehehehe
                I eat dirt.

Comment

Working...
                X