Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry if i missed it in the thread but are the MSP calipers single or dual pot?
    i kno that the 6 ones are single but i didnt read any clarification on MSP ones
    2012 Ford Focus Hatch
    Eibach Pro-Kit. AEM CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust. Steeda Rear Sway Bar. RS Spoiler. RS Hood. 18" MSW Wheels
    16.28 @ 86.56

Comment

• Originally posted by charles View Post
      Ok this is for all the first genners out there that may have asked this question that in 6 pages i didn't seem to see an answer for. DOES THE MAZDASPEED6 calipers and rotors fit at least the front. I have a frend that has a big brake kit on his speed6 and i think he still has his stock calipers and rotors. So once i get them from him i am going to see if they fit my 1989 626 turbo.

Also as someone else mention and beat me to the punch is that the audi S4 pads are MUCH cheaper than the speed6 pads. I know that they fit as i have them on my speed6 right now. Once i get the calipers and rotor from him i will be taking pic of the install.

I have 18's on my car now so i am good with the wheel size that is needed to fit the calipers.

Here is is pic of his car with the big brake kit on it!!!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...ewshoes007.jpg

Here is the thread with the calipers on it for more pics got to thread 47...

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.ph...ic=97723&st=40
      Thanks Charles, I'll be looking forward to see what you find out.

Comment

• Now i am a little unclear about a couple of things. Does the 2g brakes fit the first gens? If not then the mazda6 and the MS6 probably will not either since they DO bolt to the 2g probe.

As for the rear brake caliper it is stated you will loose the E BRAKE due to lenght. Well what about using the E brake cable from the mazda6? i am not sure that it is longer though.

As for test fitting does someone have a set of V6 calipers and rotors that they want to send me so that i have can test fit them? We can split the shipping cost. I will make a complete right up on this install with photos.
        ESPOC RACING TEAM charles
        WITH SOME OF THE FASTEST FIRST GENS ON THE EAST COAST!!
        Mazdaspeed6 current mods
        CP forged pistons/carrillo rods/ARP head and main studs/DNP mani/GT3076 turbo/H&R coilovers/CPE 3" TBE/Ported intake mani/Standback ecu/custom 3" intake/FMIC etc... 12.28@112 1.68 60ft

1993 pgt/eibach springs/18' dritz/centerforce clutch/intake/ more later maybe..

Comment

• I don't think they fit with out changing the caliper bracket.
          Need a chip or parts for your 1st gen GT go here----->Fordprobeparts.com

Floridafordprobeowners.club

Comment

• Originally posted by charles View Post
            Now i am a little unclear about a couple of things. Does the 2g brakes fit the first gens? If not then the mazda6 and the MS6 probably will not either since they DO bolt to the 2g probe.

As for the rear brake caliper it is stated you will loose the E BRAKE due to lenght. Well what about using the E brake cable from the mazda6? i am not sure that it is longer though.

As for test fitting does someone have a set of V6 calipers and rotors that they want to send me so that i have can test fit them? We can split the shipping cost. I will make a complete right up on this install with photos.
            Charles the bracekts do fit:

http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-mx6-oth...cars-pics.html

The 2g caliper is on if I recall correctly. The whole assembly is in my garage. I will let you know.
            Last edited by Stevoh; December 12, 2008, 03:03 PM.
            Chameleon Blue 95 PGT 5 Speed
            Primered 89 PGT 5 Speed
            Black 97 BMW 540i 6 Speed

Comment

• They fit but the caliper didn't line up correctly, the rotor hits the caliper or bracket and it doesn't spin, as said in that thread.

Don't forget 2nd gen rotors are smaller then 1st gen's.

I might try this mazda 6 mod to my black gt, and stick with my big brake kit on my white pgt.
              Last edited by BoostedMan; December 12, 2008, 03:57 PM.
              Need a chip or parts for your 1st gen GT go here----->Fordprobeparts.com

Floridafordprobeowners.club

Comment

• Has anyone tried the CX-7 calipers yet?
                Eaton? - Sniper Tuning? - Mazdaspeed Acc. - Injen - CP-E - Greddy - ProSport - Corksport - Falken - Voodoo - MTX Audio - Medieval Motorsports - Heronew

Comment

• so are the MSP calipers dual pot or single pot???
                  do they bolt up as well??

question never really got answered
                  2012 Ford Focus Hatch
                  Eibach Pro-Kit. AEM CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust. Steeda Rear Sway Bar. RS Spoiler. RS Hood. 18" MSW Wheels
                  16.28 @ 86.56

Comment

• single~~ I have a set of MSP 6 brakes and they work extremely nice. A huge difference in braking. And yes they bolt up as they were meant for the PGT/Mx6 . The only thing that I didn't liike was that I can't use FD's with them.
                    BIGGEST WHP MAZDA MX6 KL EVER-----KLZE with PAUTER Rods and Wiseco Pistons 8.5:1 ...........553whp and 495tq@28psi and still running....

1997 Silver Frost PGT... like new...

dude, your email address isn't working ~admin

Comment

• Finished installing Mazda 6 kit (2004) to the front, I had problems doing it in spring. I noticed difference in braking, and the fading effect wasn't that bad as before when coming from 70mph -> 0. One satisfied bolt on installer over here too
                      94' Probe GT ZE with most of the bolt-ons and some minor modifications
                      http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm266/ollibeib/PGT/ - Pictures of my PGT

Comment

• so wats difference between the msp and regular 6 calipers?
                        2012 Ford Focus Hatch
                        16.28 @ 86.56

Comment

• the size!! bigger caliper and bigger rotor..
                          BIGGEST WHP MAZDA MX6 KL EVER-----KLZE with PAUTER Rods and Wiseco Pistons 8.5:1 ...........553whp and 495tq@28psi and still running....

1997 Silver Frost PGT... like new...

dude, your email address isn't working ~admin

Comment

• Originally posted by eNGinE View Post
                            The Mazda-parts.com offer would be nice if the Mounting Brackets are included.
                            But i bet they aren't. :-(

I already asked on OnlineMazdaParts.com, and they want to have $152 for the calipers PLUS $100.- for the Mounting brackets.
                            Yep.. just called mazda-parts.com and they want $92 for the mounting brackets.
                            Part number is: gpya-33-28xc

Thomas
                            96 PGT - Vroom vroom =||= 01 Honda Odyssey - Family and bicycle hauler =||= 08 Toyota Prius - Commuter =||= 08 Suzuki LS650 - Widow-maker
                            11 Trek Madone 5.9 - Racer =||= 09 Pedal Force CX1 Dura Ace/FSA SLK - Crosser/Tourer/Long distance =||= 73 Schwinn Continental - Fixie =||= 09 Dahon Mu XL Sport - Commuter

Comment

• For those that are interested, the 11.1" 03-05 Mazda 6 rotors are ~10% larger in diameter, but ~21% larger in area (including the hat).

More importantly, they weigh 17.1 pounds, compared to 11.8 pounds for the stock rotors. So they are 44% heavier, for a larger heat sink.

Ultimately, that heat has to be removed (and this is a function of airflow, rotor temperature and surface area), but the extra mass will really help control temps in transitional states.

The added mass also increase the unsprung weight (making handling slightly worse, especially when the road is not smooth), so it isn't for 'free'...

Steve.
                              Last edited by mnbvcxz97; December 19, 2008, 01:17 PM. Reason: correct spelling

Comment

• Steve, you've noted exactly why I haven't upgraded yet. As my primary focus is AutoCross and not track days I've been reluctant to add the extra rotational mass.

Sure, bigger brakes would be invaluable for track days, but the stock mechanically sound braking system with good pads is already more than adequate for autocross, and 99.9% of daily driving duty, unless you're cruising canyons at highly illegal speeds on a regular basis....

Ryan
                                Ryan
                                '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
                                SMF Prep:
                                MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] 15x11's and 275 Hoosiers [] Hawk HP+ [] Sparco [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

Working...
                                X