Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just thought i'd pop in and say my 105mph stop to 55mph went great today...and i had the abs going all sorts of crazy on dry roads...and i also do believe a nice set of harnesses are in the future for my ride
    2003Subaru WRX E85stock td04,tgv deletes, full catless, custom 2in crosspipe, 3in TBE, walbro 255,850 modded injectors,grimmspeed crank pulleyTUNED by me on opensource 12.8 @105mph 1.7 60ft

Comment

• Arggg...I just went out and put all Hawk HPS pads front AND back, then I find this thread!!

Can the stock PGT caliper/pads work with the 06-07 Mazda 6 => 11.8" rotors OR the 11.1" ones??

Comment

• Well,here's another one A member here discovered one to throw into the fray-06-08 ford fusion calipers/rotors are bigger too & bolt-on! It was also mentioned that cross drilled/sloted rotors are available as well. Sounds good to me...

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

• Originally posted by mnbvcxz97 View Post

- I haven't tried the spare wheel/tire on yet (to be certain it clears the caliper), but will do this soon and confirm it here.

Steve
          Has anyone confirmed this?

I want to go this route....bolt on is awesome, but I want to be able to keep my stock sized spare tire....I had to keep a full sized spare in the hatch when I ran the relocation brackets....that eats up way too much room.

Comment

• if u get a flat up front rotate a rear tire up front then slap the spare on the rear
            2003Subaru WRX E85stock td04,tgv deletes, full catless, custom 2in crosspipe, 3in TBE, walbro 255,850 modded injectors,grimmspeed crank pulleyTUNED by me on opensource 12.8 @105mph 1.7 60ft

Comment

• Are ALL the rotors for 99-03 Proteges the exact same, even though there are different engine sizes??
              Last edited by 94BANSHEE; July 22, 2009, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• That's really good to know, I might pick up a pair for my PGT

Comment

• Originally posted by slinkyPgT View Post
                  if u get a flat up front rotate a rear tire up front then slap the spare on the rear
                  ditto, not sure why people havnt thought of this yet
                  05 Lotus Elise
                  95 black pgt-ze... sold

facebook

Comment

• does anybody know who to get ahold of for some of those 06-08 ford fusion big brakes that are drilled and grooved

Comment

• Originally posted by slinkyPgT View Post
                      if u get a flat up front rotate a rear tire up front then slap the spare on the rear
                      Ummmm, isn't that the only way to do it....., do people really put those doughnut spares on drive wheels.......seriouslly
                      93 PGT-ZEIntercooled turbo, fidenza 9lbs, centerforce clutch, AFPR, mount inserts, ZE chipped, blue Led Halo H4 headlights and still needing MS

Comment

• Try summit racing or tire rack for the fusion brakes. A PT member has a dad who runs a jy,& he mentioned it. But places like those should have them. Summit also has wilwood calipers to fit dif bolt spreads (including probe),so check with them for aftermarket calipers as well.

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

• Hi guys, Today we wanna install speed 6 brakes on my PGT but there is problem, rotors are 320mm but we can't install calipers - their brackets are to short or rotors are too big, I think rockauto.com made mistake and sent me regular 6 calipers instead of speed 6 calipers. had someone same problem ?
                          It looks like rotor is about 20mm in diameter bigger then calipers can take...

FIY: I have A-1 CARDONE 18B5000 and 18B5001 calipers , CENTRIC 12045073 rotors and MONROE DX1186 pads...
                          Last edited by PachezZ; September 5, 2009, 09:17 AM.
                          95 Electric Blue Probe GT

Comment

• Originally posted by PachezZ View Post
                            Hi guys, Today we wanna install speed 6 brakes on my PGT but there is problem, rotors are 320mm but we can't install calipers - their brackets are to short or rotors are too big, I think rockauto.com made mistake and sent me regular 6 calipers instead of speed 6 calipers. had someone same problem ?
                            It looks like rotor is about 20mm in diameter bigger then calipers can take...

FIY: I have A-1 CARDONE 18B5000 and 18B5001 calipers , CENTRIC 12045073 rotors and MONROE DX1186 pads...
                            Check this post.
                            http://forums.probetalk.com/showpost...&postcount=269

Rockauto and the other parts stores don't carry the Speed 6 calipers. Rockauto has them listed incorrectly and you did infact get regular 6 calipers. If you want to keep the Speed 6 setup, then you'll have to get the calipers directly from Mazda since you can't get them aftermarket yet. If you do get them from Mazda, you'll also need to get the caliper brackets since they don't come with the calipers. If you decide to go this route, let me know, I have an extra set of Speed 6 calipers brackets I have for sale. Otherwise you'll need to send back the calipers you got from Rock Auto or the rotors.
                            Ross Evilsizor
                            92' Silver GL MTX 11/18/1991-8/3/2011
                            Major Meets: HH 2K5 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 BAMM 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 2K11 MM8 MM9 MMX PPMI Marriage Mayhem 2007 3M 08 Goat's Gettysburg 2010

Comment

• sux...
                              I'm not so happy with this situation... but I'll install mazda 6 setup... I let the machine-work guy grind my rotors from 320mm to 300mm so calipers can take them and I'll buy new mazda 6 brake pads... but what the hell should I do with speed6 pads ?
                              95 Electric Blue Probe GT

Comment

• we still haven't answered the MS3 brake question. I see a MS3 with fd's...but no one can confirm or deny....

Comment

Working...
                                X